LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | July 30, 2014 11:24 PM EST
LeBron James facing his jilted team on Christmas Day? Leave it to the National Basketball Association (NBA) to take advantage of the one of the major storylines for the upcoming 2014-2015 NBA season: “The King” now with the Cleveland Cavaliers taking on his former team, the Miami Heat in Miami, Florida on December 25, 2014.
Jun 5, 2014; San Antonio, TX, USA; Miami Heat forward LeBron James (6) reacts after getting injured in the fourth quarter while being helped to the bench against the San Antonio Spurs in game one of the 2014 NBA Finals at AT&T Center. The Spurs beat the Heat 110-95.
According to a report from Miami Heralds’ Barry Jackson, who mentioned an anonymous source within the league, James’ Cavaliers will face his ex-team featuring Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh on Christmas Day “barring an unexpected change of heart by the NBA.”
Jackson added that “the NBA is sensitive to the network’s wishes” and one of the NBA’s carriers, ABC made the request.
The league usually releases the official regular season schedule around the middle of August.
Previous Christmas Days have the league’s superstars meeting each other or a marquee match-up between projected top teams. Some of the recent match-ups have failed to live up to the expectations however.
In 2013, one of the games scheduled was between the Heat and the Los Angeles Lakers supposedly to pit James against Kobe Bryant. The Lakers star did not play and L.A. was outclassed 101-95. James had a so-so outing of 19 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists.
Four other games were scheduled on December 25 last year and three of four games ended up in one-sided wins. The Chicago Bulls beat the Brooklyn Nets, 95-78; the Oklahoma City Thunder destroyed the New York Knicks, 123-94 and the Houston Rockets defeated the San Antonio Spurs, 111-98. The only close game was the last match-up of the day between the Los Angeles Clippers and Golden State Warriors. The latter won, 105-103.
The NBA knows how to treat its fans and on Christmas Day in 2014 the gift will be LeBron James versus the Miami Heat in what would be his first return to Florida since leaving them for the Cleveland Cavaliers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS