Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
By Janice Somosot | July 30, 2014 10:55 PM EST
Jennifer Lopez, also known as JLo, celebrated her 45th birthday on Thursday, July 24, 2014. Of course, she had a huge party and her wild birthday cake almost stole the spotlight from her! It's a good thing the cake is a life-size replica of JLo. The said cake also featured a lion as a nod to her zodiac sign, which is Leo. It was made by Samantha Brooks, the owner of SamiCakes Boutique in Syosset, New York. Read on to learn more about Jennifer Lopez and her wild, life-size 45th birthday cake.
Actress Jennifer Lopez delivers a speech as she attends the 85th annual League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) convention in New York, July 10, 2014.
SamiCakes Boutique posted some photos of the Jennifer Lopez life-size replica cake. Click HERE to see one of the photos from the cake maker's official Instagram account.
Brooks of SamiCakes Boutique also wrote on The Guardian's Word of Mouth blog about how she made the JLO lion cake. According to Brooks, Lopez wanted a lemon cake with coconut mousse filling. JLo's personal chef Ron Gelish immediately texted her to make the said cake. She coordinated with Sindy Mashiah, the party planner for JLo's birthday and they agreed on the cake's wild design after several sketches made by Brooks.
"After a few hours we agreed that she should be lying on the lion, wearing a sleeveless onesie," wrote Brooks on The Guardian's Word of Mouth blog.
Aside from the fondant, gum paste, modelling chocolate and Rice Krispies, Brooks also used steel pipes, PVC pipes and floor flanges to construct the wild JLo cake.
Brooks said that she was proud of the cake that she made for Jennifer Lopez on her 45th birthday celebration. She was also interviewed by Inside Edition about it. Click HERE to watch the video of the interview from Inside Edition.
SamiCakes Boutique also makes other cakes for weddings and other occasions. Click HERE to see its other cake designs, including a wedding gown cake, a cake that looks like a bag and a sports themed cake. Keep reading International Business Times for more news about entertainment, sports, health, finance, business, science and technology.
READ MORE ABOUT JENNIFER LOPEZ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness