Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
By Janice Somosot | July 30, 2014 10:55 PM EST
Jennifer Lopez, also known as JLo, celebrated her 45th birthday on Thursday, July 24, 2014. Of course, she had a huge party and her wild birthday cake almost stole the spotlight from her! It's a good thing the cake is a life-size replica of JLo. The said cake also featured a lion as a nod to her zodiac sign, which is Leo. It was made by Samantha Brooks, the owner of SamiCakes Boutique in Syosset, New York. Read on to learn more about Jennifer Lopez and her wild, life-size 45th birthday cake.
Actress Jennifer Lopez delivers a speech as she attends the 85th annual League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) convention in New York, July 10, 2014.
SamiCakes Boutique posted some photos of the Jennifer Lopez life-size replica cake. Click HERE to see one of the photos from the cake maker's official Instagram account.
Brooks of SamiCakes Boutique also wrote on The Guardian's Word of Mouth blog about how she made the JLO lion cake. According to Brooks, Lopez wanted a lemon cake with coconut mousse filling. JLo's personal chef Ron Gelish immediately texted her to make the said cake. She coordinated with Sindy Mashiah, the party planner for JLo's birthday and they agreed on the cake's wild design after several sketches made by Brooks.
"After a few hours we agreed that she should be lying on the lion, wearing a sleeveless onesie," wrote Brooks on The Guardian's Word of Mouth blog.
Aside from the fondant, gum paste, modelling chocolate and Rice Krispies, Brooks also used steel pipes, PVC pipes and floor flanges to construct the wild JLo cake.
Brooks said that she was proud of the cake that she made for Jennifer Lopez on her 45th birthday celebration. She was also interviewed by Inside Edition about it. Click HERE to watch the video of the interview from Inside Edition.
SamiCakes Boutique also makes other cakes for weddings and other occasions. Click HERE to see its other cake designs, including a wedding gown cake, a cake that looks like a bag and a sports themed cake. Keep reading International Business Times for more news about entertainment, sports, health, finance, business, science and technology.
READ MORE ABOUT JENNIFER LOPEZ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Spoilers: Curly Hair Bachelorette’s Exit In Episode 16, Blake Talks About Laurina And Why He Rubbed His Eye
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown