Premier League Transfer News: Striker to Remain at Man City, New Deal Brewing
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 30, 2014 10:11 PM EST
Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko revealed that a new deal involving his stay at the Etihad is brewing.
The 28-year-old Bosnia-Herzegovina international has a year remaining in his contract after moving from Wolfsburg in January 2011.
Bosnia's Edin Dzeko (C) is fouled by Argentina's Federico Fernandez as Javier Mascherano (R) looks on during their 2014 World Cup Group F soccer match at the Maracana stadium in Rio de Janeiro June 15, 2014.
He initially failed to live up to his billing as a £33million acquisition in his first full season with the Sky Blues, scoring only 15 goals in 45 appearances during the 2012/13 term.
But, the promise that was, so to speak, is finally being realised, as the 6-foot-1 hitman had a very productive 2013/14 campaign under Manuel Pellegrini, wherein he was able to find the back of the net 26 times, coupled with 16 assists in 48 matches.
"I can only say that I am happy at City and at the moment we are talking about a new contract and we will see what happens, but the main thing is that I am happy at City,"said the Saravejo native.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports