Premier League Transfer News: Striker to Remain at Man City, New Deal Brewing
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 30, 2014 10:11 PM EST
Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko revealed that a new deal involving his stay at the Etihad is brewing.
The 28-year-old Bosnia-Herzegovina international has a year remaining in his contract after moving from Wolfsburg in January 2011.
Bosnia's Edin Dzeko (C) is fouled by Argentina's Federico Fernandez as Javier Mascherano (R) looks on during their 2014 World Cup Group F soccer match at the Maracana stadium in Rio de Janeiro June 15, 2014.
He initially failed to live up to his billing as a £33million acquisition in his first full season with the Sky Blues, scoring only 15 goals in 45 appearances during the 2012/13 term.
But, the promise that was, so to speak, is finally being realised, as the 6-foot-1 hitman had a very productive 2013/14 campaign under Manuel Pellegrini, wherein he was able to find the back of the net 26 times, coupled with 16 assists in 48 matches.
"I can only say that I am happy at City and at the moment we are talking about a new contract and we will see what happens, but the main thing is that I am happy at City,"said the Saravejo native.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2