Premier League Transfer News: Striker to Remain at Man City, New Deal Brewing
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 30, 2014 10:11 PM EST
Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko revealed that a new deal involving his stay at the Etihad is brewing.
The 28-year-old Bosnia-Herzegovina international has a year remaining in his contract after moving from Wolfsburg in January 2011.
Bosnia's Edin Dzeko (C) is fouled by Argentina's Federico Fernandez as Javier Mascherano (R) looks on during their 2014 World Cup Group F soccer match at the Maracana stadium in Rio de Janeiro June 15, 2014.
He initially failed to live up to his billing as a £33million acquisition in his first full season with the Sky Blues, scoring only 15 goals in 45 appearances during the 2012/13 term.
But, the promise that was, so to speak, is finally being realised, as the 6-foot-1 hitman had a very productive 2013/14 campaign under Manuel Pellegrini, wherein he was able to find the back of the net 26 times, coupled with 16 assists in 48 matches.
"I can only say that I am happy at City and at the moment we are talking about a new contract and we will see what happens, but the main thing is that I am happy at City,"said the Saravejo native.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage