Premier League Transfer News: Striker to Remain at Man City, New Deal Brewing
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 30, 2014 10:11 PM EST
Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko revealed that a new deal involving his stay at the Etihad is brewing.
The 28-year-old Bosnia-Herzegovina international has a year remaining in his contract after moving from Wolfsburg in January 2011.
Bosnia's Edin Dzeko (C) is fouled by Argentina's Federico Fernandez as Javier Mascherano (R) looks on during their 2014 World Cup Group F soccer match at the Maracana stadium in Rio de Janeiro June 15, 2014.
He initially failed to live up to his billing as a £33million acquisition in his first full season with the Sky Blues, scoring only 15 goals in 45 appearances during the 2012/13 term.
But, the promise that was, so to speak, is finally being realised, as the 6-foot-1 hitman had a very productive 2013/14 campaign under Manuel Pellegrini, wherein he was able to find the back of the net 26 times, coupled with 16 assists in 48 matches.
"I can only say that I am happy at City and at the moment we are talking about a new contract and we will see what happens, but the main thing is that I am happy at City,"said the Saravejo native.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider