Transfer News: Norwich Snubs Bid from Premier League Club for Midfielder
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 30, 2014 9:27 PM EST
Relegated side Norwich City revealed that they received a bid from an unnamed Premier League club for midfielder Alex Tettey.
The Ghana-born Norway international made a total of 48 appearances in England's top-flight since joining the Canaries in 2012 from Ligue 1 outfit Rennes.
"The club rejected an offer from a Premier League club, but I cannot say which club it was," the 28-year-old told Norwegian source VG.
"The Championship will be difficult and tough with 46 matches against hard, fighting teams."
"But I am hoping that we get promoted back to the Premier League directly. It might be exciting in case we get a good start."
Tettey's contract was supposed to expire this summer, but Norwich opted to activate the clause of a year's extension. His suggested market value is around £3million.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand