Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 30, 2014 8:48 PM EST
Everton midfielder Ross Barkley ends speculations regarding his future after signing a four-year deal with the club.
"Signing a new contract is a dream. I've played for Everton most of my life. This is a big thing for me," said the Wavertree native.
Everton's Ross Barkley (C) jogs with his teammates during a practice session ahead of Sunday's soccer friendly against Leicester City at the National Stadium in Bangkok July 26, 2014.
Liverpool FC Transfer News: Chelsea Striker a Possible Target, as Reds Boss Plans To Acquire Another Hitman
The 20-year-old England international was linked with the two Manchester clubs and Liverpool following an impressive 2013/14 season with the Toffees.
He made a total of 38 appearances, which saw him score 7 goals and 3 assists in the process, while being heavily involved on offence as he was able to create 25 chances in the Premier League.
"It is a four-year deal which reflects his new role and his development. This is as big news as we could get," said Toffees boss Roberto Martinez.
"He is still a young man but is a massive part of our squad."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Iggy Azalea Sex Tape: The Story So Far
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone