Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 30, 2014 8:48 PM EST
Everton midfielder Ross Barkley ends speculations regarding his future after signing a four-year deal with the club.
"Signing a new contract is a dream. I've played for Everton most of my life. This is a big thing for me," said the Wavertree native.
Everton's Ross Barkley (C) jogs with his teammates during a practice session ahead of Sunday's soccer friendly against Leicester City at the National Stadium in Bangkok July 26, 2014.
The 20-year-old England international was linked with the two Manchester clubs and Liverpool following an impressive 2013/14 season with the Toffees.
He made a total of 38 appearances, which saw him score 7 goals and 3 assists in the process, while being heavily involved on offence as he was able to create 25 chances in the Premier League.
"It is a four-year deal which reflects his new role and his development. This is as big news as we could get," said Toffees boss Roberto Martinez.
"He is still a young man but is a massive part of our squad."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Vince McMahon Wants To Pair Sting With The Undertaker For Wrestlemania 31, Triple H Demanding The Sting Match-Up
- Daniel Cormier Has A ‘Dear Jon’ Message to Jon Jones, Vows to Emerge As New Champion At UFC 182
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wins By Decision Over Manny Pacquiao, But Filipino Will Hurt American In Their Super Fight Says Antonio Tarver
- UAE Investment Group Ups Ante, Makes It $120M For Floyd Mayweather Jr. To Fight Manny Pacquiao In Abu Dhabi
- Rafael Nadal Ready To Compete At Australian Open After Appendectomy