Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 30, 2014 8:48 PM EST
Everton midfielder Ross Barkley ends speculations regarding his future after signing a four-year deal with the club.
"Signing a new contract is a dream. I've played for Everton most of my life. This is a big thing for me," said the Wavertree native.
Everton's Ross Barkley (C) jogs with his teammates during a practice session ahead of Sunday's soccer friendly against Leicester City at the National Stadium in Bangkok July 26, 2014.
The 20-year-old England international was linked with the two Manchester clubs and Liverpool following an impressive 2013/14 season with the Toffees.
He made a total of 38 appearances, which saw him score 7 goals and 3 assists in the process, while being heavily involved on offence as he was able to create 25 chances in the Premier League.
"It is a four-year deal which reflects his new role and his development. This is as big news as we could get," said Toffees boss Roberto Martinez.
"He is still a young man but is a massive part of our squad."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report