True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 30, 2014 8:21 PM EST
"True Blood" is in its final run and there are only four episodes left before the curtain falls. There have been a couple of shocking deaths in the final season so far, including that of Tara and Alcide. The killing of Alcide was a shocker. He died while trying to save Sookie in the episode titled "Fire in the Hole."
Speaking about the death of Alcide, Brian Buckner, executive producer of the show, said at the Comic-Con, as quoted by Variety, "I think we've really given these people their due. It's our last season... this season had to be about Bill and Sookie. It's not going to be exactly what you think it is, but Alcide had to go."
"This show started out and worked because of the chemistry they shared... they [Stephen Moyer and Anna Paquin] got married for us!" However, Bucker did not reveal how they are going back to them, but said, "I certainly felt that we had to come back to Bill and Sookie."
The recent episodes revealed that Bill, too, has contracted Hep-V virus and it is accelerating, rapidly, in his vampire body. Sookie, in the last episode, found out that she is also Hep-V positive and that she has passed on the virus to Bill. Sarah Newlin turned out to be the antidote, the only cure available to treat the deadly virus.
Buckner said that there will be no slowing down in the remaining episodes of "True Blood" final season. He revealed that the focus will be on romance. Variety quoted him as saying, ""It's not done changing, it's not gonna slow down any, there's just a bit more focus on romance... We put last season's issue to rest early on purpose. We know you love these characters, so we landed them in a place where we hope you guys will be okay not with getting them anymore."
The upcoming episode 7 of "True Blood" is titled "May Be the Last Time." In the episode, Sookie will be searching for a cure to save Bill's life, and is going to meet an "unexpected resource," according to the episode's synopsis.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best