Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 30, 2014 7:58 PM EST
Yaya Toure pledged his future with Manchester City amid speculations that he could be leaving the club following a rift with management months ago.
The Ivory Coast international midfielder claimed that he felt underappreciated after the Sky Blues hierarchy failed to acknowledge his birthday, as well as denying him the opportunity his then sick brother, Ibrahim.
“I will stay at Man City for as long as possible.” - Yaya Toure
However, the former Barcelona man apparently had a change of heart after regaining focus from a state of turmoil brought about by his brother's death.
"It was not a case of me wanting to leave the club. I stayed quiet, I believe that is the right way, and at the end of the day it's my decision," said the 31-year-old.
"I will stay at Man City for as long as possible."
"I'm feeling fine. It's good to start training again. It's been a difficult pre-season."
"Unfortunately it was a difficult summer for my family. When you lose a brother it is always difficult and he was young too. We were very sad, all the family. We need to move on and pray for him."
"He was my brother, he loved football. When he was sick in Manchester he was watching every game I was playing in. After them I was coming to see him in hospital. I think we need to try to move on and try to think about the next step."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report