Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 30, 2014 7:58 PM EST
Yaya Toure pledged his future with Manchester City amid speculations that he could be leaving the club following a rift with management months ago.
The Ivory Coast international midfielder claimed that he felt underappreciated after the Sky Blues hierarchy failed to acknowledge his birthday, as well as denying him the opportunity his then sick brother, Ibrahim.
“I will stay at Man City for as long as possible.” - Yaya Toure
However, the former Barcelona man apparently had a change of heart after regaining focus from a state of turmoil brought about by his brother's death.
"It was not a case of me wanting to leave the club. I stayed quiet, I believe that is the right way, and at the end of the day it's my decision," said the 31-year-old.
"I will stay at Man City for as long as possible."
"I'm feeling fine. It's good to start training again. It's been a difficult pre-season."
"Unfortunately it was a difficult summer for my family. When you lose a brother it is always difficult and he was young too. We were very sad, all the family. We need to move on and pray for him."
"He was my brother, he loved football. When he was sick in Manchester he was watching every game I was playing in. After them I was coming to see him in hospital. I think we need to try to move on and try to think about the next step."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Manchester United Defender Phil Jones Fit To Play Versus Everton
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build