The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 30, 2014 7:18 PM EST
The fans' favourite Shamy couple finally kissed in "The Big Bang Theory" Season 7. The episode 15,"The Locomotive Manipulation," of the last season saw Amy [Mayim Bialik] and Sheldon [Jim Parsons] joining Bernadette [Melissa Rauch] and Howard [Simon Helberg] on a trip to Napa Valley. Amy had planned the trip to celebrate Valentine Day on a vintage train.
Actor Jim Parsons accepts the Best Actor in a Comedy Series award for "The Big Bang Theory" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
The Valentine day was turning out to be a major disappointment for Amy, as Sheldon was more interested in the train and talking to his new friend. Amy told Sheldon that she deserves romance after he said to her that she has probably tricked him, as they both were supposed to enjoy the trip.
In the episode, Sheldon became angry because of Amy's complain and her rude behaviour towards his new friend. He said to Amy that he is going to give romance. To show his romance, Sheldon gulped down a glass of wine, gazed into Amy's eyes, and then kissed her. At first, it was an awkward kiss but soon it looked like, Sheldon enjoyed the kiss. Later, Sheldon said that the kiss was nice.
Speaking about the kiss, Bialik said to Gold Derby, "It means a lot on two levels. It means a lot for the characters to be moving to that place after so many years. Especially the way our writers chose to do it was really elegant and really touching and beautiful."
"It also means a lot to the actors, for me and Jim to get to the place in our acting process where we're ready for that and our characters are ready for that. That's a very intimate moment," she said.
The writers at the Comic-Con revealed that they had also written another version of the kiss. The writing of the kiss scene turned out to be a stressful time for them.
In the final episode of "The Big Bang Theory," Sheldon got bugged when Amy suggested that he move-in with her, as Leonard and Penny were planning to move-in, together. Overwhelmed with whatever was happening around him, Sheldon decided to board a train and leave Pasadena. He later called Amy from his undisclosed location and sounded happy. Steve Molaro, executive producer of the show, said at Comic-Con, "He didn't leave because of Amy, so I would argue that they have their own weird brand of happiness right now."
This year, Bialik has earned her third Emmy nomination for "The Big Bang Theory."
Sheldon Kiss Amy
[Youtube/Big Bang Theory]:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight