Prince Harry, Prince William and Kate Middleton Meet With Track King Usain Bolt at the Commonwealth Games
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 30, 2014 6:22 PM EST
The three young royals Prince Harry, Prince William, and Kate Middleton were happily smiling at the second day of Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland as they met with the Track King Usain Bolt backstage. They chatted and posed for snapshots while hundreds of spectators sighted them.
Britain's Prince William and his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge sit on Centre Court at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London
The Jamaican sprinter was Prince Harry's sporting rival in Jamaica way back in 2002. In a photo from Express, the two were seen shaking their hands. This gesture signified that they were already on good terms after what happened during their race back then.
Bolt then turned to the social media Twitter to update his 3.41 million followers about the royal meeting. He posted "meeting with royals" which was accompanied with the hashtag #RayalFamily and a picture of their meeting.
Earlier that day, Daily Mail reported that the royal trio visited the athlete's village accompanied by the village chieftain Sir Chris who was also a successful Olympian in the country. During their tour, the royal trio toured around recreation facilities for the athletes.
Prince William was all smiled as he played a computer game at the venue with some of the members from the Welsh women's hockey team. Prince William chatted and exchanged hand gestures with the local schoolchildren.
Kate Middleton showed her sporty side as she joined the traditional South African aiming game called three tins. She wowed the audience as she knocked down all three tins using a ball. She then ran to the middle of the square, rebuilt the tin cans tower, and hoped over the pile.
The Duchess of Cambridge also met with young athletes at the SportsAid Charity where she is a patron. The organization helps in developing and training budding sports enthusiasts and some of the young athletes joined the Commonwealth Games.
Meanwhile, Prince Harry and Prince William met with the teenagers at the Royal Foundation called Coach Core. The foundation assists the teenagers in acquiring coaching and leadership qualifications.
After their visit to the sports charities, all three slipped quietly into the Hampden Park in the afternoon and watched the Commonwealth Games.
To see the three young royals in action, please visit the Metro by clicking here.
Read the tweet below:
— Usain St. Leo Bolt (@usainbolt) July 29, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]