Prince Harry, Prince William and Kate Middleton Meet With Track King Usain Bolt at the Commonwealth Games
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 30, 2014 6:22 PM EST
The three young royals Prince Harry, Prince William, and Kate Middleton were happily smiling at the second day of Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland as they met with the Track King Usain Bolt backstage. They chatted and posed for snapshots while hundreds of spectators sighted them.
Britain's Prince William and his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge sit on Centre Court at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London
The Jamaican sprinter was Prince Harry's sporting rival in Jamaica way back in 2002. In a photo from Express, the two were seen shaking their hands. This gesture signified that they were already on good terms after what happened during their race back then.
Bolt then turned to the social media Twitter to update his 3.41 million followers about the royal meeting. He posted "meeting with royals" which was accompanied with the hashtag #RayalFamily and a picture of their meeting.
Earlier that day, Daily Mail reported that the royal trio visited the athlete's village accompanied by the village chieftain Sir Chris who was also a successful Olympian in the country. During their tour, the royal trio toured around recreation facilities for the athletes.
Prince William was all smiled as he played a computer game at the venue with some of the members from the Welsh women's hockey team. Prince William chatted and exchanged hand gestures with the local schoolchildren.
Kate Middleton showed her sporty side as she joined the traditional South African aiming game called three tins. She wowed the audience as she knocked down all three tins using a ball. She then ran to the middle of the square, rebuilt the tin cans tower, and hoped over the pile.
The Duchess of Cambridge also met with young athletes at the SportsAid Charity where she is a patron. The organization helps in developing and training budding sports enthusiasts and some of the young athletes joined the Commonwealth Games.
Meanwhile, Prince Harry and Prince William met with the teenagers at the Royal Foundation called Coach Core. The foundation assists the teenagers in acquiring coaching and leadership qualifications.
After their visit to the sports charities, all three slipped quietly into the Hampden Park in the afternoon and watched the Commonwealth Games.
To see the three young royals in action, please visit the Metro by clicking here.
Read the tweet below:
— Usain St. Leo Bolt (@usainbolt) July 29, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown