Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 30, 2014 6:21 PM EST
Piper Chapman and Alex Vause's relationship was one of the major highlights of "Orange is the New Black" Season 1. In the June released Season 2, Piper and Alex were not the main focus, as Laura Prepon, who plays Alex, appeared only in a limited number of scenes. Prepon is returning as series regular in Season 3 -- and Alex is probably returning to prison -- and that will bring the on and off Alex-Piper relationship back into the main story-line. However, Alex and Piper's relationship will not be strain-free in the upcoming Season 3.
Cast member Uzo Aduba speaks, as co-stars (from L-R) Natasha Lyonne, Laverne Cox, Danielle Brooks and Laura Prepon applaud, as they accept the award for Best Comedy Series for "Orange Is the New Black" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
Speaking about Alex's reaction when she finds out that Piper is the one who turned her in, Prepon said to TV Guide, "Not Well." TV Guide also reports that Alex is unlikely to be "grateful" that "Prepon's betrayal" saved her from getting assassinated.
"Alex sees through her bulls ...," Laura Prepon said to TV Guide. "When Alex does find out, she's going to know why [Piper] did it and it will be really interesting."
The opening episode of "Orange is the New Black" Season 2 saw Alex betraying Piper during the trial of their former boss, the drug dealer. Alex got out of the prison, as a result of testifying against her boss. Alex had convinced Piper to not testify against him, and going against her lawyer's advice, Piper decided to keep quiet.
The season finale of "Orange is the New Black" Season 2 saw Alex pointing a gun at her parole officer. Alex had told Piper that she is planning to break her parole and exit the town. And, Piper asked Larry and Polly to tell Alex's parole office about her Alex's plan to leave the town. When parole office came to check, he found Alex pointing a gun at him.
Meanwhile, "Fringe" actress Blair Brown has signed on for Season 3 of Netflix's original drama-comedy series, according to TV Guide. The details about her character are yet to be revealed. As reported previously, Mary Steenburgen is also joining "Orange is the New Black" and is reportedly portraying the role of Pornstache's mother. However, Pablo Schreiber, who plays Pornstache, has confirmed that he is not part of Season 3 because he has bagged a leading role in HBO's "The Brink."
"Orange is the New Black" Season 3 is expected to premiere sometime in June 2015. The show recently earned 12 Emmy nominations, including for the show and multiple-acting nominations.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013