Ana Ivanovic Visits Google Headquarters in Silicon Valley; Wins First Round Match in Bank of the West Classic
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 30, 2014 6:19 PM EST
Ana Ivanovic paid the Google headquarters in the Silicon Valley in San Francisco, California a visit on July 28. The 2008 French Open champion posted a proof of her tour to Google's facility on social media.
Ana Ivanovic of Serbia looks on before the start of her women's singles match against Maria Sharapova at the Rome Masters tennis tournament May 15, 2014. REUTERS/Max Rossi
"Thank you for having me google today as guest speaker," Ivanovic shared a snapshot of her Google badge on Instagram. "Had lovely time, amazing facilities," she added.
However, Ivanovic did not reveal what kind of lecture she put together for the Google staff.
Meanwhile, Ivanovic is currently taking part in the Bank of the West Classic, a Women's Tennis Association (WTA) event held at Standford University. She won her first round match against Germany's Sabine Lisicki in two straight sets, 7-6 (2), 6-1 on July 29. According to Ivanovic who ranks in the 11th place in the world rankings, her "mentality" toward her game has changed.
"Sometimes just a few points make a difference and it helps to be positive in a tight situation," said Ivanovic via Mercury News. "I did that today in the tiebreak."
Ivanovic said that playing against Lisicki wasn't very easy. She said Lisicki fought very well and knew she had to be "aggressive" to snatch the victory. Ivanovic last played and lost to Lisicki in Wimbledon.
Ivanovic is playing with her new coach Australian Dejan Petrovic. The pair began working in July following her loss at the Wimbledon Championships and after parting ways with her hitting partner Nemanja Kontic. Petrovic also once coached fellow Serbian athletes Novak Djokovic and Jelena Jankovic in 2004 and 2005, respectively.
Ivanovic will play qualifier Carol Zhao, who is a sophomore at Stanford.
The 26-year-old former World No. 1 has won three WTA titles so far. She claimed her first WTA title in 2014 in Auckland against Venus Williams. Her second title was won at Monterrey when she defeated fellow compatriot Jovana Jaksic. In June, Ivanovic claimed her third WTA title in 2014 (her 14th all in all) at Birmingham against Zahlavova Strycova.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage