Ana Ivanovic Visits Google Headquarters in Silicon Valley; Wins First Round Match in Bank of the West Classic
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 30, 2014 6:19 PM EST
Ana Ivanovic paid the Google headquarters in the Silicon Valley in San Francisco, California a visit on July 28. The 2008 French Open champion posted a proof of her tour to Google's facility on social media.
Ana Ivanovic of Serbia looks on before the start of her women's singles match against Maria Sharapova at the Rome Masters tennis tournament May 15, 2014. REUTERS/Max Rossi
"Thank you for having me google today as guest speaker," Ivanovic shared a snapshot of her Google badge on Instagram. "Had lovely time, amazing facilities," she added.
However, Ivanovic did not reveal what kind of lecture she put together for the Google staff.
Meanwhile, Ivanovic is currently taking part in the Bank of the West Classic, a Women's Tennis Association (WTA) event held at Standford University. She won her first round match against Germany's Sabine Lisicki in two straight sets, 7-6 (2), 6-1 on July 29. According to Ivanovic who ranks in the 11th place in the world rankings, her "mentality" toward her game has changed.
"Sometimes just a few points make a difference and it helps to be positive in a tight situation," said Ivanovic via Mercury News. "I did that today in the tiebreak."
Ivanovic said that playing against Lisicki wasn't very easy. She said Lisicki fought very well and knew she had to be "aggressive" to snatch the victory. Ivanovic last played and lost to Lisicki in Wimbledon.
Ivanovic is playing with her new coach Australian Dejan Petrovic. The pair began working in July following her loss at the Wimbledon Championships and after parting ways with her hitting partner Nemanja Kontic. Petrovic also once coached fellow Serbian athletes Novak Djokovic and Jelena Jankovic in 2004 and 2005, respectively.
Ivanovic will play qualifier Carol Zhao, who is a sophomore at Stanford.
The 26-year-old former World No. 1 has won three WTA titles so far. She claimed her first WTA title in 2014 in Auckland against Venus Williams. Her second title was won at Monterrey when she defeated fellow compatriot Jovana Jaksic. In June, Ivanovic claimed her third WTA title in 2014 (her 14th all in all) at Birmingham against Zahlavova Strycova.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate