Serena Williams' Ex-Boyfriend Common Talks about the Drake-Serena Affair
By Dana Alyssa Ramos | July 30, 2014 6:15 PM EST
In promotion for his album, Serena Williams' rapper ex-boyfriend Common called in to the Rickey Smiley Morning Show and discussed his past relationships.
Serena Williams of the U.S. pumps her fist during her women's singles tennis match against Anna Tatishvili of the U.S. at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London June 24, 2014.
There is no question that the 42-year old rapper has been able to pull some of the hottest celebrity women most men can only wish for, and Common is not shy talk about them either.
The Chicago rapper talked about the rumours surrounding his past love life. In the interview, he denied the rumours about dating Regina King, confirmed his infatuation with Erykah Badu and confessed that if he were given the chance, he wouldn't hesitate to revisit his relationship with the 17-time Grand Slam champion.
"Yes. Point blank she's just a good person and when we broke up, it was one of these things where we just weren't ready at that time. I probably would be at a new place, she would be at a new place and it might work out," Common claimed.
Just recently, Common has also said in an interview that Drake was one of the reasons behind his split with the world no. 1.
"Me and Serena was together. We broke up. I don't know specifically her and Drake, it felt like obviously something was going on [after we broke up], I ain't dwell on it too much. I ain't have no problem with that, you do what you do. After a while I felt like in some of Drake's songs he was saying stuff that was subliminal to me."
In addition to his love life and past relationships, Common talked about his new album Nobody's Smiling in the interview. He explained why this new album is his best work since Be.
Serena Williams who is currently dating her coach Patrick Mouratoglou has had a mediocre season at the Slams this year but she remains the top seed at the upcoming Bank of the West Classic in Stanford. She is set to meet Karolina Pliskova in the second round.
Meanwhile, boyfriend Mouratoglou admitted that he hadn't seen Serena Williams "for a couple of days," which fuelled rumours that the couple were having relationship issues.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown