Serena Williams' Ex-Boyfriend Common Talks about the Drake-Serena Affair
By Dana Alyssa Ramos | July 30, 2014 6:15 PM EST
In promotion for his album, Serena Williams' rapper ex-boyfriend Common called in to the Rickey Smiley Morning Show and discussed his past relationships.
Serena Williams of the U.S. pumps her fist during her women's singles tennis match against Anna Tatishvili of the U.S. at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London June 24, 2014.
There is no question that the 42-year old rapper has been able to pull some of the hottest celebrity women most men can only wish for, and Common is not shy talk about them either.
The Chicago rapper talked about the rumours surrounding his past love life. In the interview, he denied the rumours about dating Regina King, confirmed his infatuation with Erykah Badu and confessed that if he were given the chance, he wouldn't hesitate to revisit his relationship with the 17-time Grand Slam champion.
"Yes. Point blank she's just a good person and when we broke up, it was one of these things where we just weren't ready at that time. I probably would be at a new place, she would be at a new place and it might work out," Common claimed.
Just recently, Common has also said in an interview that Drake was one of the reasons behind his split with the world no. 1.
"Me and Serena was together. We broke up. I don't know specifically her and Drake, it felt like obviously something was going on [after we broke up], I ain't dwell on it too much. I ain't have no problem with that, you do what you do. After a while I felt like in some of Drake's songs he was saying stuff that was subliminal to me."
In addition to his love life and past relationships, Common talked about his new album Nobody's Smiling in the interview. He explained why this new album is his best work since Be.
Serena Williams who is currently dating her coach Patrick Mouratoglou has had a mediocre season at the Slams this year but she remains the top seed at the upcoming Bank of the West Classic in Stanford. She is set to meet Karolina Pliskova in the second round.
Meanwhile, boyfriend Mouratoglou admitted that he hadn't seen Serena Williams "for a couple of days," which fuelled rumours that the couple were having relationship issues.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate