PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
July 30, 2014 6:13 PM EST
Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love But it’s All About Business & the Brand
Known as music's first couple, Beyonce and Jay Z are unstoppable but with so many divorce claims fired on their way the pair is now a target of many speculations including the reason why they married each other. A partnership that is constantly viewed as a blissful union is now a picture of cheating allegations and now reportedly heading for a split after their "On the Run" tour.
Thanks to Solange who started to break the firewall built by Bey and Jay, the world has now a front row seat watching the couple trying to stay married because of their brand and not because they love each other. "Love was never the thing that held them together," Page Six reports. "Business is always part of the equation. They know they're the king and queen of hip-hop - and really, all of music. Neither wants to lose that."
Forbes predicted that the couple is expected to gross $100 million on their "On the Run" tour, and that makes Mr. and Mrs. Carter one of most powerful duos on the music business. Based on reports, the Queen Bey is now the world's most powerful celebrity of 2014 as her rapper husband ranked sixth, and the two of them together makes Billboard's number one couple based on their February 2014 Power 100 list.
The two collaborated for the first time on Jay Z's "03 Bonnie and Clyde," were the two singers played the hip-hip version of the outlaw couple. "It was a master stroke of marketing: She gave him class, he gave her cred. Jay Z was infatuated with Beyoncé," according to a source of the Web site. "But the bottom line was business; he knew he could do big things for her, and together they could be a juggernaut."
Although Beyonce was attracted to Jay's mind, she was never too fond of him and not even attracted to the rapper, according to the singer's uncle Larry Beyince. For her to learn the ropes of the business, she need someone like Jay Z to teach her about the business and how to stay on top.
The "Crazy in Love" singer was recently spotted in New York and allegedly hunting for apartment in Chelsea weeks after the controversial elevator video was leaked. The singer looked at a $21.5 million Chelsea penthouse early last month and definitely not shopping for two. The secret apartment hunting fuels more fire in the divorce allegation as Jay Z is always been hands on when it comes to their real estate deals.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James