Roman Reigns Vs Randy Orton Match Unexciting, Reigns 'Awful Wrestler No Charisma'
By Tanya Diente | July 30, 2014 5:58 PM EST
A month from now WWE fans will be packing up on the stands to witness the rumoured match between Roman Reigns and Randy Orton in the WWE "SummerSlam." However, there is a possibility that the match won't be exciting since Orton is paired with an" awful wrestler who has no charisma."
South Africa's Gerald Meyer (L) is thrown by England's Mike Grundy at the Men's Freestyle 74 kg Wrestling during the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland, July 29, 2014.
WWE "SummerSlam" starts August 17 and will be held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. Wrestling Rumors reported that Roman Reigns may be facing against Randy Orton at the said event. However, fans are said to be unexcited at the prospect of seeing this match-up.
Usually, wrestlers are paired up together in preparation for a big fight according to fansided; as in the case of Randy Orton and Roman Reign's rumoured WWE "SummerSlam" match. This is to see how well they do together in the ring and for WWE to forecast if their match can bring in the cash. So the two fighters tested their wrestling chemistry with a series of live fights over the weekend. However, Wresting Rumors claimed fans thought their fights were nothing out of the ordinary and rather unexceptional. Wrestling-edge added both live and backstage audiences gave the match negative feedbacks.
There is also the speculation that Randy Orton may slow down Roman Reign's rise to WWE stardom. Whatculture claimed WWE plans for Reigns to advance to Wrestlemania 31 as the new John Cena. Since Daniel Bryan is out on an injury, Cena cannot maintain WWE's fame alone. That's where Roman Reigns comes in so he can take over Bryan's spotlight. The site said WWE has been operating with a "baby face no. 2" for the past several years and the company has Reigns in mind for the spot.
However, the Orton Vs Reigns live match over the weekend was said to show signs that Reigns may have trouble advancing to Wrestlemania 31. Whatculture revealed Orton didn't give Reigns any slack from his "crowd killing" style during their fights. The site claimed this will not be good for their rumoured WWE "SummerSlam" match.
However, other fans also noted that Roman Reigns is not the perfect "SummerSlam" match for Randy Orton. Inquisitr quoted a WrestleZone commentator who claimed Reigns "is an awful wrestler with zero charisma." Another fan also posted on Reddit saying Roman Reigns "doesn't have the charisma or personality to be a long-standing top talent."
Fans also posted their reactions on Twitter regarding the rumoured Roman Reigns Vs Randy Orton "SummerSlam" match.
@Jeremy8911 That's why. Reigns still needs time to develop on the mic & in the ring. They shouldn't be pushing him as a main event star yet.
— Marisa Garcia (@mngarcia1993) July 27, 2014
@wweisrandy at #SummerSlam for @WWERomanReigns @Tripleh was better opti0n than @RandyOrton — عثمان خالد (@IAmUsman_Khalid) July 26, 2014
— seethekidwin (@seethekidwin) July 1, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'