Liverpool FC Transfer News: Chelsea Striker a Possible Target, as Reds Boss Plans To Acquire Another Hitman
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 30, 2014 5:23 PM EST
Following the signing of Divock Origi from Lille, Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers still looks to bring in another hitman, with Chelsea's Romelu Lukaku suspected as a possible target.
"There's no doubt we will look where we can, and if we can, to bring in another striker," the 41-year-old tactician told Liverpoolfc.com.
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers (C) and his team salute the fans following their international friendly soccer match against AS Roma at Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts July 23, 2014. Fenway Park is the home of the MLB baseball team the Boston Red Sox.
The 21-year-old Belgian is one of the more logical choice to acquire since he has already proven himself in the Premier League, at the very least, while coinciding with Rodgers' principle of bringing in players that may stay for the long-term, as he did this offseason.
"We see them as young players that can really develop in the future as well. The integration into the squad is very smooth because we've got a wonderful group of players and they always make it very easy for players coming in," he added.
As it stands, the Merseysiders are showing that they are a club with a great ambition despite losing Luis Suarez to Barcelona by making quality acquisitions like Adam Lallana, Emre Can, Lazar Markovic, and Dejan Lovren, among others.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown