Liverpool FC Transfer News: Chelsea Striker a Possible Target, as Reds Boss Plans To Acquire Another Hitman
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 30, 2014 5:23 PM EST
Following the signing of Divock Origi from Lille, Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers still looks to bring in another hitman, with Chelsea's Romelu Lukaku suspected as a possible target.
"There's no doubt we will look where we can, and if we can, to bring in another striker," the 41-year-old tactician told Liverpoolfc.com.
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers (C) and his team salute the fans following their international friendly soccer match against AS Roma at Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts July 23, 2014. Fenway Park is the home of the MLB baseball team the Boston Red Sox.
The 21-year-old Belgian is one of the more logical choice to acquire since he has already proven himself in the Premier League, at the very least, while coinciding with Rodgers' principle of bringing in players that may stay for the long-term, as he did this offseason.
"We see them as young players that can really develop in the future as well. The integration into the squad is very smooth because we've got a wonderful group of players and they always make it very easy for players coming in," he added.
As it stands, the Merseysiders are showing that they are a club with a great ambition despite losing Luis Suarez to Barcelona by making quality acquisitions like Adam Lallana, Emre Can, Lazar Markovic, and Dejan Lovren, among others.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28