Liverpool FC Transfer News: Chelsea Striker a Possible Target, as Reds Boss Plans To Acquire Another Hitman
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 30, 2014 5:23 PM EST
Following the signing of Divock Origi from Lille, Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers still looks to bring in another hitman, with Chelsea's Romelu Lukaku suspected as a possible target.
"There's no doubt we will look where we can, and if we can, to bring in another striker," the 41-year-old tactician told Liverpoolfc.com.
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers (C) and his team salute the fans following their international friendly soccer match against AS Roma at Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts July 23, 2014. Fenway Park is the home of the MLB baseball team the Boston Red Sox.
The 21-year-old Belgian is one of the more logical choice to acquire since he has already proven himself in the Premier League, at the very least, while coinciding with Rodgers' principle of bringing in players that may stay for the long-term, as he did this offseason.
"We see them as young players that can really develop in the future as well. The integration into the squad is very smooth because we've got a wonderful group of players and they always make it very easy for players coming in," he added.
As it stands, the Merseysiders are showing that they are a club with a great ambition despite losing Luis Suarez to Barcelona by making quality acquisitions like Adam Lallana, Emre Can, Lazar Markovic, and Dejan Lovren, among others.
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Ronda Rousey Puts Up Her Belongings For Auction
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes