Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Sign Lille Forward Divock Origi
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 30, 2014 4:54 PM EST
Liverpool have officially made Lille forward Divock Origi a part of their club, only to send him back for a season-long loan deal to the French side.
"Liverpool Football Club have confirmed the signing of Divock Origi from Lille," a report read on the Club's official Website.
Belgium's Divock Origi jumps for the ball with Matt Besler of the U.S. during their 2014 World Cup round of 16 game at the Fonte Nova arena in Salvador July 1, 2014.
"The 19-year-old will immediately be loaned back to the French club for the duration of the 2014-15 season."
The Belgian international was able to showcase his potential during the World Cup, after first-choice striker Romelu Lukaku failed to during the group phase, which saw the Ostend native start in each of the two knockout games.
"I am very, very happy and delighted a club as big as Liverpool showed interest in me. I'm very excited," said the promising youngster.
"I know it's a club with a great history, great fans and a lot of great players. For me, Liverpool is one of the greatest clubs in the world and I'm very excited to be part of this great history."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013