Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Sign Lille Forward Divock Origi
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 30, 2014 4:54 PM EST
Liverpool have officially made Lille forward Divock Origi a part of their club, only to send him back for a season-long loan deal to the French side.
"Liverpool Football Club have confirmed the signing of Divock Origi from Lille," a report read on the Club's official Website.
Belgium's Divock Origi jumps for the ball with Matt Besler of the U.S. during their 2014 World Cup round of 16 game at the Fonte Nova arena in Salvador July 1, 2014.
"The 19-year-old will immediately be loaned back to the French club for the duration of the 2014-15 season."
The Belgian international was able to showcase his potential during the World Cup, after first-choice striker Romelu Lukaku failed to during the group phase, which saw the Ostend native start in each of the two knockout games.
"I am very, very happy and delighted a club as big as Liverpool showed interest in me. I'm very excited," said the promising youngster.
"I know it's a club with a great history, great fans and a lot of great players. For me, Liverpool is one of the greatest clubs in the world and I'm very excited to be part of this great history."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy