HTC One Mini 2 vs. LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | July 30, 2014 4:03 PM EST
The HTC One Mini 2 and the LG G2 are both popular smartphones with brisk sales in Australia. Here is a comparison of the specifications and price of both the devices. Readers may choose the most appropriate device based on their needs.
A sales assistant uses his mobile phone in front of mock LG electronics smart phones displayed at a store in Seoul July 22, 2014. South Korea's LG Electronics Inc said on July 24, 2014 its second-quarter profit rose 26.5 percent from a year earlier, beating analyst estimates, as the company's mobile business ran a profit for the first time in four quarters. Picture taken July 22. REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji
Display and Design
The HTC One Mini 2 comes with 4.5-inch Super LCD2 capacitive touch screen, which translates to a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The LG G2 comes with a 5.2-inch True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates to a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels.
The LG G2 is the clear winner in this category with 424 ppi pixels display density compared to the 326 ppi pixels display density on the Mini 2.
The HTC One Mini 2 measures 137.4 x 65 x 10.6 mm and weighs 137 grams. The LG G2 is taller, wider and slimmer at 138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9 mm and it is a bit heavier at 143 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The HTC One Mini 2 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The LG G2 is equipped with a 2.26 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The HTC One Mini 2 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. The LG G2 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The device has 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, the LG G2 is the clear winner.
The HTC One Mini 2 sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP. The LG G2 sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus, optical image stabilization and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP.
The HTC One Mini 2 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2110 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 16 hours and 10 minutes on 3G. The LG G2 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 17 hours and 30 minutes on 3G.
Price in Australia
The HTC One Mini 2 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $429.95.
The LG G2 comes in two variants. The 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $429.95 and the 32 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $439.95 in Australia.
OnePlus One vs. Oppo Find 7 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
HTC Desire 616 vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown