Nina Dobrev: Goodbye Ian Somerhalder, Vampire Diaries Actress Spotted Getting Cozy with Gotham Actor Ben McKenzie at 2014 Comic Con
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 30, 2014 3:40 PM EST
The currently single actress Nina Dobrev was ready to mingle at the 2014 Comic Con and move on from ex-boyfriend and "The Vampire Diaries" co-star Ian Somerhalder. The 25-year-old CW star was spotted and photographed getting cozy with "Gotham" actor Ben McKenzie at the event as well as with two more male celebrities.
Actress Nina Dobrev arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
Teen Wolf Season 4, Episode 6 Recap/Spoilers: Scott Determined to Stop The Benefactor and Save Everyone in the Dead Pool List
Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Exclusive Footage on Demon Dean Shown at 2014 Comic-Con, Sam and Dean to Fight with Castiel Trying to Help
According to the Just Jared Jr report, Nina Dobrev and Ben McKenzie, 35, got cozy before leaving the 2014 Entertainment Weekly Comic-Con Celebration held at the Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego, California on Saturday night, July 26. Dobrev was photographed hugging the actor before getting into a car together. Click HERE to see photos.
Nina and Ben cozying up at the San Diego Comic Con has ignited the "new couple alert" reports. A Hollywood Life report claims the brunette beauty looks ready to date again after her failed relationship with Ian Somerhalder, who was also at the 2014 Comic Con with new lady love Nikki Reed.
However, Ben McKenzie was not the only actor that Nina Dobrev got close to at the Comic Con. The entertainment Web site revealed that the TVD star was spotted arm-in-arm with the "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Lord of the Rings" actor Orlando Bloom on Friday, July 25. Another actor that Nina Dobrev reportedly got cozy with at the event was "Baby Daddy" star Derek Theler.
A Hollywood Life report claims Nina Dobrev used social media to slam the budding romance of her ex-boyfriend, Ian Somerhalder, and her "Twilight" actress friend, Nikki Reed. "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice," the actress shared on her Instagram account ninadobrev on Tuesday, July 29. Click HERE to see Nina's Instagram post.
An unnamed source divulged to Hollywood Life that Nina Dobrev, who is still doing her best to move on from Ian Somerhalder, takes her time before getting into a serious romantic relationship with someone. "She is not actively pursuing one but she is open minded about it. She deals with stuff like that like everyone else, it will happen when it happens," the source shared.
The source further revealed that Nina will always love Ian even though they are no longer an item. "She is over him to the point that she doesn't have to date him ever again," the source added. When it comes to working on the CW TV series, the insider revealed that Nina cannot display animosity because it will only create tension on the set and the actress cannot risk being labeled as unprofessional at work.
"It will be interesting to see where their friendship goes when the show ends but they are over as a couple and she is dealing with it the best way she can," the source shared. Nina Dobrev is set to return as Elena Gilbert in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 which premieres on Thursday night, Oct 2, at 8/7c on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
Vampire Diaries Season 6 Spoilers: Stefan-Caroline Relationship a Little Damaged, Caroline Most Affected with Season 5 Finale Events - [READ]
Ian Somerhalder: Vampire Diaries Actor Spoofs Season 5 Finale with Co-Star Kat Graham on What Happened to Damon and Bonnie - [READ]
Vampire Diaries Season 6 Spoilers: Actor Matt Davis and EP Julie Plec Tease What Alaric Saltzman is Up To in New Season - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles