HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat: More 10 New Features and Tweaks Added by New Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | July 30, 2014 3:03 PM EST
Official Android 4.4.3 KitKat for HTC One M8 is now rolling out containing several improvements and security fixes based on Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Here are the top new features and tweaks provided by the latest update.
Android 4.4.3 KitKat for HTC One M8
HTC is now rolling out the official Android 4.4.3 KitKat for the European variant of HTC One M8 after sending out the firmware to the United States users of unlock and developer edition of the smartphone several days ago.
According to Android Central, Android 4.4.3 KitKat firmware update contains the special security patches found on Android 4.4.4 KitKat on top of various enhancements and improvements for the device.
- Android 4.4.3 KitKat OS
- Security fixes including Android 4.4.4 KitKat patch
- Wi-Fi optimisation
- Bluetooth enhancements
- Mobile network upgrades
- Camera update
- Gallery with Image Match
- Settings with Power History
- HTC Sync Manager
- BoomSound Sense optimisation
- Extreme Power Saving Mode
- Motion Launch
- Quick Settings improvements
Android 4.4.3 KitKat for HTC One M8 is currently live for download among unlocked models of HTC One M8 in Europe including the Nordic variant. Users carrier-locked devices will need to wait for a little longer before receiving the latest update.
HTC One Update Status in UK
Latest firmware update for HTC One smartphone models are currently being pushed out to customers of the unlocked, Vodafone, O2 and Three variants. Official change logs on HTC Sense 6.0 UI include the following:
1. Colour coded themes with new personalisation options in the Settings menu.
2. HTC BlinkFeed updates such as smooth and continuous scrolling experience, new interface for new contents, enhanced sidebar for easier navigation and nearby restaurant recommendations.
3. Customisable fonts under the Settings menu with three preinstalled fonts to use.
4. Updates on the Camera app such as new HTC Zoe camera mode with 3-in-1 camera solution: quick tap on shutter button for instant capture, hold shutter for three seconds to take a Zoe and hold shutter for three or more seconds to switch to video mode.
5. Gallery updates include Point of Interest locations in Map view aside from Image Match feature.
6. Redesigned Apps Tray for quicker access to customisation options.
7. HTC Sense TV has been redesigned with live sports scores and stats, and social media integration.
8. Enhancements on the music app with new themes.
9. Schedule function for Do Not Disturb mode.
10. Improvements on the email, message, calendar and dialler apps.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- ‘Minecraft’ PS4, Xbox One And PS Vita Updates From Devs, Microsoft CEO Talks About The Buyout
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour John Key In New Zealand Election