The Last of Us Gets an Exclusive PS4; Movie Cast Suggests Game of Thrones’ Arya Stark as Ellie
By Gel Galang | July 30, 2014 2:55 PM EST
As "The Last of Us Remastered" is finally here, Sony has announced a Canada-exclusive PS4 bundle for the title.
A receptionist speaks on a phone under a Sony Corp logo at the company's headquarters in Tokyo, in this file picture taken February 6, 2014. Sponsors Adidas, Sony, Visa and Coca-Cola on June 8, 2014 called on soccer's rulers to deal thoroughly with allegations of bribery to secure the 2022 World Cup for Qatar, an issue overshadowing this week's kickoff in Brazil.
Only in Canada will you get "The Last of Us" PS4 bundle for the next-gen console for only $449.99, as announced over at the PlayStation Blog. There aren't any other added offers apart from the PS4 console, the DualShock 4 controller and a copy of the remastered version of the title along with all the DLCs and expansions that have already been released.
But if you're looking for an exclusive one-of-a-kind "The Last of Us" PS4 console, that belongs to Naughty Dog co-president Christophe Balestra. GameSpot has the image of "The Last of Us" PS4 console, featuring the silhouette of Joel and Ellie amidst all the rubble.
The PS4 console looks very much like a customised version, far from what's currently being offered in Japan. Though there are already a couple of retailers that can easily re-skin your PS4 to feature "The Last of Us."
'The Last of Us' Movie: Arya Stark as Ellie?
Now that "The Last of Us" movie is really happening, casting speculations have also gotten gamers on a role as to who would be assuming Ellie and Joel, the lead characters, in the game,
One of the big names to be tagged to the project is none other than Maisie Williams, or whom fans would know most to be Arya Stark of the HBO original series, "Game of Thrones."
According to Joystiq, Williams is already at the stage where she has met up with Naughty Dog's Neil Druckmann and Sam Raimi, director of the film.
Ashley Johnson, the actress responsible for Ellie's voice in the game, has her own opinion on the portrayal of Ellie in the movie. In an interview with IGN, she reveals that she does not have any specific wants when it comes to who will be playing the character, but she does pose one request.
"Selfishly, the only requirement i would want is just that they love it as much as I do, which is clearly not going to happen. But to at least have played the game so they know what it was, but who knows if that's going to happen," said Johnson lightheartedly. "I know somebody could do an amazing job with it and I think they will."
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'