Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Feature Retina Scanner Challenging iPad Retina and iPhone 6
By Precious Silva | July 30, 2014 2:43 PM EST
Samsung may be changing its game as the release of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will reportedly be just days following its announcement. Traditionally, Samsung announces its devices ahead of their official market release. This time, Samsung is not taking any chances making sure to deliver the Note 4 to shelves right after the big reveal. Some suggest that the Korean tech giant will not let Apple hold the limelight alone this September challenging the iPhone 6 release.
New Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone (L), Gear 2 smartwatch (C) and Gear Fit fitness band are displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014. Samsung Electronics unveiled a new smart watch and fitness band along with the latest version of its flagship Galaxy smartphone on Monday, demonstrating how the battleground for innovation is shifting from the hand to the wrist. Picture taken on February 23. REUTERS/Albert Gea
Previously, reports suggested that the Samsung Galaxy S5 will come with a retina scanner. However, the released device featured a fingerprint scanner instead. This time, Samsung has released a teaser about its upcoming Galaxy Note 4. The post was uploaded on the SamsungExynos Twitter account. It shows a phablet-like unit with an eye image. The right side features a series of bills including a pay option.
According to GSM Arena, this may also point to Paypal and other payment integration that works in a similar manner like the fingerprint scanner of the Galaxy S5. What stands out is that the fingers of the user holding the device are nowhere near the screen. This means a new feature, possibly the retina scanner, will be used to execute the payment transactions.
The Galaxy Note 4 will reportedly make an appearance at the IFA trade show in Berlin. It will come with a 5.9-inch display matching competitors like the LG G Pro 2 and the HTC One Max. Samsung will also include a Super AMOLED screen though some leaks counter this saying that the company may opt for a PLS LCD instead.
ET News reported earlier that Samsung may be switching to LCD to cut the costs and save as much as 20%. Nonetheless, this has not been finalized giving hope for the Super AMOLED screen. The Galaxy Note 4 may compete with the iPhone 6 if Apple pushes through with the September release. Given Apple can release its phablet iPhone 6 then it will be a whole new level of competition for the two tech giants.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles