True Blood Season 7 [Final Season]: It is Goodbye Time, Actor Takes On Sarah Palin at Comic-Con
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 30, 2014 2:25 PM EST
HBO's vampire drama series "True Blood" is wrapping-up soon after a successful run of seven years. The cast members came to Comic-Con at San Diego to say their goodbyes. The highlight of the "True Blood" panel was Kristin Bauer van Straten, who plays vampire Pam in the show, taking on Sarah Palin, former governor of Alaska and the vice president nominee of the Republican party in 2008.
Palin recently revealed that she turned down the offer to do a cameo in "True Blood." She said to Breitbart, "The brilliant minds of 'True Blood' were brazen enough to ask me to do a cameo on their show, apparently so they could insult a conservative woman in person instead of just all conservative women in general."
"Their offer wasn't presented in any negative way, perhaps to benefit from a surprise factor after the guest appearance. I turned them down anyway."
"True Blood" has not shied away from showing anti-Republican scenes. In one of the recent episodes, there was bloodbath at Senator Ted Cruz's fund raising event. The Republicans were killed by Yazuka men. And in the same episode, Kristin's character said, "Oh my God I'm a republic**t," as Eric and Pam were getting ready to crash the Republican event to find their enemy Sarah Newlin.
Taking a dig at Palin for revealing that she rejected "True Blood" offer, Kristin said, as quoted by Deadline.com, "She'll weigh in on anything. It's sweet many, many years that I've made her angry, I had fun doing it."
HBO, according to Deadline, has confirmed that the casting team reached out to a representative of Palin but they did not get a reply.
The final season of "True Blood" has been a bloody one so far. It has killed two major characters Tara and Alcide and has made the fans worried about the fate of Bill, Sookie and Eric, as all three are now Hep-V positive. Speaking about the bloodbath in the final season, Brian Buckner, showrunner of the show, said, as quoted by The Hollywood Reporter (THR), that he feels like an "executioner" and said that there are "consequences" to the fictional world in which the show's "supernatural characters" reside. THR quoted him as saying, "... I think we handled it as best we could."
The cast recalled their emotional final moments on the set. Stephen Moyer [Bill], according to THR, admitted that it was hard saying goodbye to the cast of "True Blood." Moyer revealed that they celebrated the goodbye with a "big cake."
Rutina Wesley, who plays Tara, said that Adina Porter [Lettie Mae Daniels] came running to her after her shot was over. "...we hugged for five, 10 minutes and we just cried. It just kinda hit me and it was beautiful and sad...," the actress said, as quoted by THR. Carrie Preston [Arlene] revealed that she looked at Chris Bauer [Andy] and the "waterworks started going."
"I've been crying for a year about when that day would come. With Alex, that's the most significant relationship for me and for Pam. I thought he would be rock solid and sweet, but when I saw him crack ... I was like, 'Oh no'" Kristin said, as quoted by THR.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight