Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
By Precious Silva | July 30, 2014 2:14 PM EST
Apple's foray into the phablet arena marks one of the company's biggest leaps yet. However, the market may have to wait for a couple of months more as new production problems and forecasts suggest the delayed release. If Apple cannot work around its production, consumers may see the 5.5-inch iPhone in 2015. Not to worry, a recent forecast suggests that despite the hurdles, Apple's stocks will soar in the coming year.
Apple CEO Tim Cook departs the stage following his keynote address at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, California, June 2, 2014.
According to Value Walk, as Apple prepares for the release of the iPhone 6 phablet, problems increase by the day. This means that those looking forward for the new form factor may have to hold out or wait longer until 2015 if the tech giant cannot address the issues at once. Many analysts think it will be unfortunate if the market will not get to see the two iPhone 6 variants interplay. However, some do note that it may be good for Apple not to release both devices at once.
According to another report by DigiTimes, the 5.5-inch version may see a 2015 release not because of production problems but as part of the company's strategy. The latest earnings report from Apple indicates that the tech giant wants to release the other iPhone 6 variant within the same timeline as previous models. It is important to note that leads and hints should be taken with a grain of salt.
The Motley Fool suggests that Apple's stocks may soar this 2015. So far, the company has had a good 2014. According to the report, Apple just posted a great 21.3% year to date based on NASDAQ and that is just the tip of the iceberg. Considering how the board of directors managed the financial power of the company, the management team and shareholder's capital return, Apple stock has become an ideal investment once more.
Among the effects of the iPhone 6 release include driving average selling prices and units. Based from Apple's latest quarter, the company shipped around 35.2 million iPhones. This is 13% based on year over year. The company has yet to announce the final details of the iPhone 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced