Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 30, 2014 2:10 PM EST
It seems that Japan-based multinational company Sony is well on its way to hit the market with its rumoured next flagship phone, the Sony Xperia Z3. For two consecutive days, serial tipster @evleaks posted information about the upcoming smart phone with the model number D6653. On the first day, the serial tipster posted some specs and on the second day, he tweeted the side view photo of the rumoured gadget.
A logo of Sony Corp is pictured at an electronic store in Tokyo May 14, 2014.
Here are five fresh features to expect from the upcoming Sony Xperia Z3.
The leaked photo from @evleaks showed that Sony Xperia Z3 has a fully curved design which many smart phone users find as ergonomically sensible. With Samsung embracing the curved design, smart phone users will have easier and better grip of their smart phone units. If the rumours are true, Sony Xperia Z3 will have a comparable curve design to Microsoft's Nokia Lumia 925.
According to GSM Arena, Sony Xperia Z3 will sport a 20.7-megapixel rear facing camera with Samsung's very own G lens technology. This high-end snapper will allow smart phone users who are fond of taking photos and other snapshots to have hours and hours of picture taking moments.
The Daily Tech said that Sony Xperia Z3 will have an enormous 5.15-inch display with a screen resolution of 1080 pixels. With this huge screen size, smart phone users will be able to clearly see the text messages, graphics, and other information displayed on the gadget's screen.
The Twitter post from @evleaks mentioned that Sony Xperia Z3 will be powered by quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor and Adreno 330 Krait 400 clocked at 2.4 GHz. It will reportedly have 3 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal memory. This great processor is comparable to Samsung Galaxy S5 which allows smart phone users to perform different tasks at the same time such as listening to music while browsing the internet, reading emails, or playing games.
GSM Arena also mentioned that Sony Xperia Z3 will run on Android 4.4.4 KitKat operating system but there is a possibility that the smart phone will also unpack an Android L OS. Either way, the updated OS will allow smart phone users will expect significant updates on the operating system of Sony's next flagship phone.
Sony is expected to unpack the Xperia Z3 at the Independent Financial Adviser (IFA) trade show come September of this year.
Read the tweets below:
Sony Xperia Z3 (D6653): SD801 (2.4GHz x4), Adreno 330, 5.15" @ 1080p, 3GB/16GB, ... - http://t.co/rR4bxzYKsn
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) July 23, 2014
Sony XPERIA Z3, another pic here: - http://t.co/XS2Jq7MYam pic.twitter.com/oVV6e0aL4x — Evan Blass (@evleaks) July 24, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around