PS4 Firmware Update 1.75 Out, SHAREfactory Looking at a New Update
By Gel Galang | July 30, 2014 2:05 PM EST
In less than a month following the release of the PS4 Firmware Update 1.74, Sony has also made live the PS4 Firmware Update 1.75.
Shoppers browse for video games near a poster advertising a FIFA soccer video game played on Sony Corp's PlayStation 4 console, at an electronics retail store in Tokyo June 10, 2014. Sony joined other sponsors on Sunday to call on soccer's rulers to deal thoroughly with allegations of bribery to secure the 2022 World Cup for Qatar, an issue overshadowing this week's kickoff in Brazil. With its four yearly showpiece event only four days away, soccer's governing body FIFA is on the defensive, conducting an internal investigation into the decisions to hold the 2018 World Cup in Russia and the 2022 Cup in Qatar. Both countries have denied any wrongdoing.
Assassin’s Creed Unity: New Details for the Story and Weapons Plus a Look at Rob Zombie’s Animated Short
Granted, the PS4 Firmware Update 1,74 was only a patch featuring stability improvements and bug fixes, while the most recent one is bringing the juicier feature additions.
DualShockers has managed a screenshot of the PS4 software update detailing the additional features coming to the console, as listed below:
- Playback of Blu-ray 3-D is now supported
- Sound quality has been improved during 1.5x playback with Blue-ray Disc and DVD videos
- System messages previously displayed on the top-right corner of the screen are now displayed on the top-left corner of the screen
- [Featured Content] has been added to [Settings] > [System] > [Automatic Downloads and Uploads]. When the setting is enabled, featured content from the PlayStation Store is automatically downloaded while the PS4 system is either powered on or in standby mode.
SHAREfactory Update Coming
PS4 players have been enjoying the SHAREfactory feature since it first came out in April, and already, there has been an explosion of creative videos created and shared through the PS4.
Sony has been looking at ways to improve this feature, and now, some new updates will be coming via a patch. The company has detailed the updates over at the PlayStation Blog, with three main additions slated for SHAREfactory.
- The Last of Us theme: There will be a custom theme from "The Last of Us," which is composed of 39 stickers, six transitions, two background images and a batch of new intro, outro and title clips patterned after the post-apocalyptic title.
- Import screenshots into projects: Players will also have the ability to import screenshots from the capture gallery to the SHAREfactory videos that you make. According to Sony, this is one of the most requested features for SHAREfactory.
- More updates: More than what has been added for "The Last of Us" theme, the new update patch will also feature more filter effects and stickers, UI improvements, and the ability to include photos into Photo Mode. This last feature is especially useful for "The Last of Us Remastered" which will be debuting with the unique feature.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone