PS4 Firmware Update 1.75 Out, SHAREfactory Looking at a New Update
By Gel Galang | July 30, 2014 2:05 PM EST
In less than a month following the release of the PS4 Firmware Update 1.74, Sony has also made live the PS4 Firmware Update 1.75.
Shoppers browse for video games near a poster advertising a FIFA soccer video game played on Sony Corp's PlayStation 4 console, at an electronics retail store in Tokyo June 10, 2014. Sony joined other sponsors on Sunday to call on soccer's rulers to deal thoroughly with allegations of bribery to secure the 2022 World Cup for Qatar, an issue overshadowing this week's kickoff in Brazil. With its four yearly showpiece event only four days away, soccer's governing body FIFA is on the defensive, conducting an internal investigation into the decisions to hold the 2018 World Cup in Russia and the 2022 Cup in Qatar. Both countries have denied any wrongdoing.
Granted, the PS4 Firmware Update 1,74 was only a patch featuring stability improvements and bug fixes, while the most recent one is bringing the juicier feature additions.
DualShockers has managed a screenshot of the PS4 software update detailing the additional features coming to the console, as listed below:
- Playback of Blu-ray 3-D is now supported
- Sound quality has been improved during 1.5x playback with Blue-ray Disc and DVD videos
- System messages previously displayed on the top-right corner of the screen are now displayed on the top-left corner of the screen
- [Featured Content] has been added to [Settings] > [System] > [Automatic Downloads and Uploads]. When the setting is enabled, featured content from the PlayStation Store is automatically downloaded while the PS4 system is either powered on or in standby mode.
SHAREfactory Update Coming
PS4 players have been enjoying the SHAREfactory feature since it first came out in April, and already, there has been an explosion of creative videos created and shared through the PS4.
Sony has been looking at ways to improve this feature, and now, some new updates will be coming via a patch. The company has detailed the updates over at the PlayStation Blog, with three main additions slated for SHAREfactory.
- The Last of Us theme: There will be a custom theme from "The Last of Us," which is composed of 39 stickers, six transitions, two background images and a batch of new intro, outro and title clips patterned after the post-apocalyptic title.
- Import screenshots into projects: Players will also have the ability to import screenshots from the capture gallery to the SHAREfactory videos that you make. According to Sony, this is one of the most requested features for SHAREfactory.
- More updates: More than what has been added for "The Last of Us" theme, the new update patch will also feature more filter effects and stickers, UI improvements, and the ability to include photos into Photo Mode. This last feature is especially useful for "The Last of Us Remastered" which will be debuting with the unique feature.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report