Xbox One News: EA Subscription Effective for Microsoft’s Next-gen Console; Forza Horizon 2 Announces 16 More Cars
By Gel Galang | July 30, 2014 2:00 PM EST
Xbox One may now have a new advantage when it comes to EA games.
Today, EA has announced a new service that would allow more access to Xbox One players with the EA Access.
An attendee uses her smartphone in front of a giant Microsoft Xbox sign at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
A first service for EA, the EA Access will now allow exclusive access for Xbox One via a monthly or annual membership starting at $4.99 per month or $29.99 per year. This membership will give access to The Vault, which holds a collection of EA games for the Xbox One that can be ready for download and playing.
For now, there is unlimited access to four EA games, "FIFA 14," "Madden NFL 25," "Peggle 2," and "Battlefield 4." The EA Access also gives 10% discount for purcjases made to EA digital content for the Xbox One. You can also have free trials up to five days before the release date of upcoming EA games, and if you have tried the free trial and decided to buy the game, all your progress will carry over to your purchased copy.
The EA Access is still in beta mode and available to only a limited number of players, but EA has teased a launch "soon." As for other platforms, EA did mention that they are looking for more ways to "play more EA games across all platforms" so it can mean that a similar service may also be offered for the PS4.
Interestingly, this can be seen as a similar service to the PlayStation Now, only this is limited to EA games. But the value that can be saved with the offered games for Xbox One does prove a bigger advantage for Microsoft's next-gen, and could serve as a model for Sony to follow for its PlayStation Now.
'Forza Horizon 2' Gets 16 More Cars
After showing off 100 cars for the sequel to the Xbox exclusive game, Microsoft has released another string of model revelations for "Forza Horizon 2."
Over at the Xbox Wire, the 16 cars were named to expand the roster of the expected 200 cars coming with "Forza Horizon 2." What's more, it has been confirmed that these will be available with no additional purchase.
The list of cars this time around features old classics and ones that were chosen to represent heritage. Car fans and fanatics would get to enjoy driving these cars-at least on your Xbox One with "Forza Horizon 2."
- 1865 Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2
- 2011 BMW Z4 SDrive35is
- 2002 Ferrari Enzo Ferrari
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 427
- 1968 Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale
- 1971 AMC Javelin AMX
- 2011 Audi RS 3 Sportback|
- 1999 SRT Viper GTS ACR
- 2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
- 1988 Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV
- 1986 Lancia Delta S4
- 1997 Mazda RX-7
- 2012 MINI John Cooper Works GP
- 1995 RUF CTR2
- 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
- 1995 Volkswagen Corrado VR6
All of these and more will be coming once "Forza Horizon 2" is released for the Xbox One on September 30.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- The Release of Xperia Z3 is Nearing Sony Slashes Price of the Xperia Z2 by $200
- The Best Smartphones Yet To Be Released in 2014
- Samsung’s Smartwatch to Have Mobile Payment and Fingerprint Scanner in 2015
- Google Nexus 9 Know More About the Size of its Battery
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional