Avengers 2 Age of Ultron: Chris Evans Talks About Captain America's Bigger Role at Comic Con 2014 [Video]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 30, 2014 1:14 PM EST
Chris Evans is set for Captain America's bigger role in Marvel Studio's Avengers 2: Age of the Ultron. The actor spoke about his role in an interview at the Comic Conference 2014 held at Hall H, San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, California.
Cast member Chris Evans poses at a press line for the movie "Avengers: Age of Ultron" during the 2014 Comic-Con International Convention in San Diego, California July 26, 2014.
In the YouTube video of the interview posted by Clevver Movie, Evans stated that it was nice to be back being surrounded by people who supported the movie and it reminded him on the reason why he was part of the film. He stated that there was so much passion behind the Marvel comic book and characters.
When asked what was it about Captain America that he found compelling, the 33-year old actor stated that it was when Captain America took care of his claim on what he hoped to be as a man he aspired. Luckily, Marvel creators always gave the character with challenges.
The actor also revealed the pressure he has to carry on his shoulders for the next movie considering that Captain America 3 opened in cinemas at the same weekend with Batman vs. Superman. He said that there was always pressure regardless of the competition.
"There is always pressure to make sure your movie is well-received and of good quality," the Captain America star stated.
Chris Evans also stated that Captain America was a soldier by nature so he was used to a format which was kind of a chain of command. The actor revealed that the shield that Captain America used in the previous movies will be gone for the next movie and he will be leaning on each other as a team like a bit of foreign dynamic form.
Aside from Chris Evans, other cast members of Avengers 2: Age of the Ultron include Robert Downey Jr. who played the role of Iron Man, Mark Ruffalo who played the role of Bruce Banner, Cobie Smulders who played the role of Maria Hill, and Samuel L. Jackson who played the role of Nick Fury. Also part of the cast members are Aaron Taylor-Johnson who played the role of Quicksilver, Paul Bettany who played the role of Vision, and James Spader who played the role of Ultron. Meanwhile, Elizabeth Olsen played the role of Wanda Maximoff, Scarlett Johansson played the role of Black Widow, and Josh Brolin played the role of Thanos.
Avengers 2: Age of the Ultron will hit the cinemas on Apr. 23, 2015.
Watch the video on the interview with Chris Evans from YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'