Avengers 2 Age of Ultron: Chris Evans Talks About Captain America's Bigger Role at Comic Con 2014 [Video]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 30, 2014 1:14 PM EST
Chris Evans is set for Captain America's bigger role in Marvel Studio's Avengers 2: Age of the Ultron. The actor spoke about his role in an interview at the Comic Conference 2014 held at Hall H, San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, California.
Cast member Chris Evans poses at a press line for the movie "Avengers: Age of Ultron" during the 2014 Comic-Con International Convention in San Diego, California July 26, 2014.
In the YouTube video of the interview posted by Clevver Movie, Evans stated that it was nice to be back being surrounded by people who supported the movie and it reminded him on the reason why he was part of the film. He stated that there was so much passion behind the Marvel comic book and characters.
When asked what was it about Captain America that he found compelling, the 33-year old actor stated that it was when Captain America took care of his claim on what he hoped to be as a man he aspired. Luckily, Marvel creators always gave the character with challenges.
The actor also revealed the pressure he has to carry on his shoulders for the next movie considering that Captain America 3 opened in cinemas at the same weekend with Batman vs. Superman. He said that there was always pressure regardless of the competition.
"There is always pressure to make sure your movie is well-received and of good quality," the Captain America star stated.
Chris Evans also stated that Captain America was a soldier by nature so he was used to a format which was kind of a chain of command. The actor revealed that the shield that Captain America used in the previous movies will be gone for the next movie and he will be leaning on each other as a team like a bit of foreign dynamic form.
Aside from Chris Evans, other cast members of Avengers 2: Age of the Ultron include Robert Downey Jr. who played the role of Iron Man, Mark Ruffalo who played the role of Bruce Banner, Cobie Smulders who played the role of Maria Hill, and Samuel L. Jackson who played the role of Nick Fury. Also part of the cast members are Aaron Taylor-Johnson who played the role of Quicksilver, Paul Bettany who played the role of Vision, and James Spader who played the role of Ultron. Meanwhile, Elizabeth Olsen played the role of Wanda Maximoff, Scarlett Johansson played the role of Black Widow, and Josh Brolin played the role of Thanos.
Avengers 2: Age of the Ultron will hit the cinemas on Apr. 23, 2015.
Watch the video on the interview with Chris Evans from YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia