Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream (Boxing) – Aussies Moloney and Goodall Aim for Gold Medal Match
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | July 30, 2014 12:58 PM EST
Glasgow 2014 – Andrew Moloney and Joe Goodall have made the semifinal round of their respective weight divisions in the boxing competition of the 20th Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland.
Britain's Prince Harry (2nd L), Prince William (2nd R) and his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, watch a boxing match at the SECC during the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland, July 28, 2014.
Moloney fighting in the men’s flyweight division (52kg) will face home country bet Reece McFadden from Scotland while Goodall in the super heavyweight division (+91kg) will take on Efe Ajagba of Nigeria. All the fighters are now assured of at least the bronze medal and a victory on Friday will take them to the gold medal match.
As expected, Goodall wasn’t contented with the bronze.
"It's good to secure a medal, but it's all about getting gold. I am only halfway and I am now just thinking about the next fight ahead.” Goodall said via the AAP. "The next fight is going to be harder. He's taller than me, rangy and throws a lot of punches. Very different to my last two opponents for sure."
Goodall won over New Zealand's Patrick Mailata in the opening round, 30-27, 30-27, 30-28 before dispatching Kieshno Major of the Bahamas in the quarters, 30-26, 30-26, 30-26. On the other hand, Moloney beat Nigeria's Wasiu Taiwo, 29-28, 30-27, 30-27 in the Round of 16 and then Ruairi Dalton in the QF, 30-27, 30-27, 30-27.
13 gold medals from 13 different weight categories are up for grabs in the sport of boxing in the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
Meanwhile, here’s the rest of the schedule of Australians boxers fighting on Wednesday, July 30. Bell rings at 10 pm AEDT.
Australian Schedule for Boxing (July 30) - Quarterfinals
Bantamweights (56kg) - Jai Opetia vs. Efetobor Apochi (Nigeria)
Welterweights (69kg) - Daniel Lewis vs. Mandeep Jangra (India)
Flyweights (48-51kg) - Kristy Harris vs. Mandy Bujold (Canada)
Lightweights (57-60kg)- Shelley Watts vs. Isabelle Ratna (Mauritius)
Middleweights (69-75kg) – Kaye Scott vs. Lauren Price (Wales)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Boxing News: Freddie Roach Not Buying Into Arum's Claim Of Pacquiao v Mayweather In 2015, Claims 'Money' Will Say 'No' After Algieri Fight
- Door Is Open For Brock Lesnar To Make UFC Return -- Dana White
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports