Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream (Boxing) – Aussies Moloney and Goodall Aim for Gold Medal Match
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | July 30, 2014 12:58 PM EST
Glasgow 2014 – Andrew Moloney and Joe Goodall have made the semifinal round of their respective weight divisions in the boxing competition of the 20th Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland.
Britain's Prince Harry (2nd L), Prince William (2nd R) and his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, watch a boxing match at the SECC during the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland, July 28, 2014.
Moloney fighting in the men’s flyweight division (52kg) will face home country bet Reece McFadden from Scotland while Goodall in the super heavyweight division (+91kg) will take on Efe Ajagba of Nigeria. All the fighters are now assured of at least the bronze medal and a victory on Friday will take them to the gold medal match.
As expected, Goodall wasn’t contented with the bronze.
"It's good to secure a medal, but it's all about getting gold. I am only halfway and I am now just thinking about the next fight ahead.” Goodall said via the AAP. "The next fight is going to be harder. He's taller than me, rangy and throws a lot of punches. Very different to my last two opponents for sure."
Goodall won over New Zealand's Patrick Mailata in the opening round, 30-27, 30-27, 30-28 before dispatching Kieshno Major of the Bahamas in the quarters, 30-26, 30-26, 30-26. On the other hand, Moloney beat Nigeria's Wasiu Taiwo, 29-28, 30-27, 30-27 in the Round of 16 and then Ruairi Dalton in the QF, 30-27, 30-27, 30-27.
13 gold medals from 13 different weight categories are up for grabs in the sport of boxing in the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
Meanwhile, here’s the rest of the schedule of Australians boxers fighting on Wednesday, July 30. Bell rings at 10 pm AEDT.
Australian Schedule for Boxing (July 30) - Quarterfinals
Bantamweights (56kg) - Jai Opetia vs. Efetobor Apochi (Nigeria)
Welterweights (69kg) - Daniel Lewis vs. Mandeep Jangra (India)
Flyweights (48-51kg) - Kristy Harris vs. Mandy Bujold (Canada)
Lightweights (57-60kg)- Shelley Watts vs. Isabelle Ratna (Mauritius)
Middleweights (69-75kg) – Kaye Scott vs. Lauren Price (Wales)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Believes Wilshere's Performance Against City Not Enough For Man Utd Legend Paul Scholes
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date