Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream (Boxing) – Aussies Moloney and Goodall Aim for Gold Medal Match
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | July 30, 2014 12:58 PM EST
Glasgow 2014 – Andrew Moloney and Joe Goodall have made the semifinal round of their respective weight divisions in the boxing competition of the 20th Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland.
Britain's Prince Harry (2nd L), Prince William (2nd R) and his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, watch a boxing match at the SECC during the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland, July 28, 2014.
Moloney fighting in the men’s flyweight division (52kg) will face home country bet Reece McFadden from Scotland while Goodall in the super heavyweight division (+91kg) will take on Efe Ajagba of Nigeria. All the fighters are now assured of at least the bronze medal and a victory on Friday will take them to the gold medal match.
As expected, Goodall wasn’t contented with the bronze.
"It's good to secure a medal, but it's all about getting gold. I am only halfway and I am now just thinking about the next fight ahead.” Goodall said via the AAP. "The next fight is going to be harder. He's taller than me, rangy and throws a lot of punches. Very different to my last two opponents for sure."
Goodall won over New Zealand's Patrick Mailata in the opening round, 30-27, 30-27, 30-28 before dispatching Kieshno Major of the Bahamas in the quarters, 30-26, 30-26, 30-26. On the other hand, Moloney beat Nigeria's Wasiu Taiwo, 29-28, 30-27, 30-27 in the Round of 16 and then Ruairi Dalton in the QF, 30-27, 30-27, 30-27.
13 gold medals from 13 different weight categories are up for grabs in the sport of boxing in the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
Meanwhile, here’s the rest of the schedule of Australians boxers fighting on Wednesday, July 30. Bell rings at 10 pm AEDT.
Australian Schedule for Boxing (July 30) - Quarterfinals
Bantamweights (56kg) - Jai Opetia vs. Efetobor Apochi (Nigeria)
Welterweights (69kg) - Daniel Lewis vs. Mandeep Jangra (India)
Flyweights (48-51kg) - Kristy Harris vs. Mandy Bujold (Canada)
Lightweights (57-60kg)- Shelley Watts vs. Isabelle Ratna (Mauritius)
Middleweights (69-75kg) – Kaye Scott vs. Lauren Price (Wales)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage