Assassin’s Creed Unity: New Details for the Story and Weapons Plus a Look at Rob Zombie’s Animated Short
By Gel Galang | July 30, 2014 12:25 PM EST
Ubisoft's upcoming next-gen game, "Assassin's Creed Unity" may be looking at a 20-hour storyline, as the developer revealed in a recent interview.
A woman dressed as Marie Antoinette from the video game "Assassin's Creed: Unity" promotes the game in the Ubisoft booth at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 10, 2014.
It seems that on average, a player can go through "Assassin's Creed Unity" anytime between 15 and 20 hours, but that does not include all of the side missions and other activities.
According to Only SP, an approximation of 100 hours has been laid out for "Assassin's Creed Unity," particularly for those who are very competitive even with the side missions.
The developer has not yet released any new footage of gameplay for "Assassin's Creed Unity" despite the fact that there have been shorts and other videos circulating in connection to the title. But with Gamescom around the corner, it would not be a surprise if Ubisoft decides to use that as a venue to give players a longer and more in-depth glimpse of the next-gen world.
A New Weapon: The Hidden Blade
Fans of the "Assassin's Creed" franchise already know the hidden blade, a weapon that has been revamped and recreated at every turn with the different installments of the game.
For "Assassin's Creed Unity," the hidden blade will take the form of the Phantom Blade, which gives a new transformation to the original weapon to recreate it into a projectile one. This means that the wristblade will now allow you to dispose of enemies from a distance.
According to the developer, lead game designer Alex Pedneault has already declared that Arno of "Assassin's Creed Unity" will have his own set of weapons. The Phantom Blade serves as a variety of weapons in one, as it is not only a crossbow but also an upgradeable device that can be added with other kinds of blades and darts.
"Our philosophy is not simply to add gadgets, but to develop a feature linked to one of the core brand pillars," said Pednault over at the Ubisoft Blog. "With 'Assassin's Creed Unity,' the Phantom Blade is a new feature that affects two core brand pillars: stealth and combat."
A Look at Rob Zombie's Animated Short
Over at Comic Con, Rob Zombie's reported animated short for "Assassin's Creed Unity" has been showcased, and Ubisoft has already released the "Assassin's Creed Unity: Rob Zombie's French Revolution," which is a take on a next-gen comic for the franchise.
To create the animation, musician and director Rob Zombie partnered with artist Tony Moore (credited with the popular "The Walking Dead") and together, they created a rather brutal take on the French Revolution.
"There's this one part in the storming of the Bastille where we zoom in on a guy getting stabbed in the eye," said Moore over at the Ubisoft Blog. "We thought about it a lot and me and the animation team when back and forth with it and we went over the pacing and the viscosity of the blood and we just really dug in on it. When they turned that in, it just blew my mind because it had been a long time coming with a lot of rough cuts and then when they were like, Here's what we've got. It just blew me away."
Check out the animated short in the video below.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date