Assassin’s Creed Unity: New Details for the Story and Weapons Plus a Look at Rob Zombie’s Animated Short
By Gel Galang | July 30, 2014 12:25 PM EST
Ubisoft's upcoming next-gen game, "Assassin's Creed Unity" may be looking at a 20-hour storyline, as the developer revealed in a recent interview.
A woman dressed as Marie Antoinette from the video game "Assassin's Creed: Unity" promotes the game in the Ubisoft booth at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 10, 2014.
It seems that on average, a player can go through "Assassin's Creed Unity" anytime between 15 and 20 hours, but that does not include all of the side missions and other activities.
According to Only SP, an approximation of 100 hours has been laid out for "Assassin's Creed Unity," particularly for those who are very competitive even with the side missions.
The developer has not yet released any new footage of gameplay for "Assassin's Creed Unity" despite the fact that there have been shorts and other videos circulating in connection to the title. But with Gamescom around the corner, it would not be a surprise if Ubisoft decides to use that as a venue to give players a longer and more in-depth glimpse of the next-gen world.
A New Weapon: The Hidden Blade
Fans of the "Assassin's Creed" franchise already know the hidden blade, a weapon that has been revamped and recreated at every turn with the different installments of the game.
For "Assassin's Creed Unity," the hidden blade will take the form of the Phantom Blade, which gives a new transformation to the original weapon to recreate it into a projectile one. This means that the wristblade will now allow you to dispose of enemies from a distance.
According to the developer, lead game designer Alex Pedneault has already declared that Arno of "Assassin's Creed Unity" will have his own set of weapons. The Phantom Blade serves as a variety of weapons in one, as it is not only a crossbow but also an upgradeable device that can be added with other kinds of blades and darts.
"Our philosophy is not simply to add gadgets, but to develop a feature linked to one of the core brand pillars," said Pednault over at the Ubisoft Blog. "With 'Assassin's Creed Unity,' the Phantom Blade is a new feature that affects two core brand pillars: stealth and combat."
A Look at Rob Zombie's Animated Short
Over at Comic Con, Rob Zombie's reported animated short for "Assassin's Creed Unity" has been showcased, and Ubisoft has already released the "Assassin's Creed Unity: Rob Zombie's French Revolution," which is a take on a next-gen comic for the franchise.
To create the animation, musician and director Rob Zombie partnered with artist Tony Moore (credited with the popular "The Walking Dead") and together, they created a rather brutal take on the French Revolution.
"There's this one part in the storming of the Bastille where we zoom in on a guy getting stabbed in the eye," said Moore over at the Ubisoft Blog. "We thought about it a lot and me and the animation team when back and forth with it and we went over the pacing and the viscosity of the blood and we just really dug in on it. When they turned that in, it just blew my mind because it had been a long time coming with a lot of rough cuts and then when they were like, Here's what we've got. It just blew me away."
Check out the animated short in the video below.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar