‘The X Factor Australia’ Boot Camp Recap: Dannii Minogue’s Groups and Redfoo’s Over-25s [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | July 30, 2014 11:36 AM EST
Day 2 of “The X Factor Australia” boot camp continued on Tuesday. Redfoo’s over-25s and Dannii Minogue’s groups took the stage next, hoping to get a place for the next stage’s home visits.
The new girl group that the coaches put together in the boot camp – Nada-Leigh Nasser, Chaska Halliday, Tahnie Christini, Serenity – was first to hit the stage.
It can be remembered that while the other three was fine with being put in a group with other girls, Serenity was hesitant, saying she always saw herself as a solo artist.
Nevertheless, the girls delivered a strong performance on stage with “Boom Boom Pow” by the Black Eyed Peas. Even Serenity was glowing at the end of their number.
Also newly formed by the coaches is the boy band composed of Ellis Hall, Joel Watson and Harry Targett. The three young crooners were just happy to be given a second chance at Day One of the boot camp that they didn’t care if they sang solo or in the group.
However, during practice, it was apparent that they weren’t used to performing in a group. Dannii even admitted that she wasn’t sure about the boys.
Singing “Faith” by George Michael on stage, however, they proved that they still have it together. It wasn’t as perfect as Dannii had hoped, but at least she showed some faith on them now.
Boyband Atlas – composed of 19-year-olds Daniel, Charlie and Scott – divided the judges in their audition. While Dannii and Natalie Bassingthwaighte loved them, as did with the girls in the audience, Ronan Keating and Redfoo thought they were lacking.
The male coaches proved right when Atlas hit the stage once more, though. Dannii and Nat appeared to be having buyer’s regret after their “car crash” of a performance.
The oldest group, Soul Cutz, were realistic about being put up against younger ones. The four men, which included a father and his son, weren’t as confident as their competition, but they appeared to have impressed the judges when they performed Michael Jackson’s “Black or White.”
Brothers 3 struggled with their given song “Story of My Life” from One Direction. The siblings were country singers, and they had to change their tune to fit the pop song. It turned out they didn’t have to worry much because the audience and the judges loved them.
All-girl groups Trinity, Trill, and Paris Inc, as well as sister act MajikHoney also took the stage, hoping to make Dannii’s top 6.
Redfoo’s over-25s started off with Ryan Imlach, the jilted groom who made the audience cry during the first episode when he sang an original song meant for their wedding day.
He appeared to be one of the strongest competitor yet, which the judges have realised when he sang “It’s a Man’s Man’s Man’s World” by James Brown.
Music producer Daniel Kelaart, math teacher Stephanie Totino,
Amali Ward, who got a “no” from Foo during the audition, had to impress the LMFAO star in a bid to be included in his top 6. Singing “Free” by Rudimental, Amali incorporated emotions in her performance, just as Foo instructed her to.
Foo appeared to be smiling after her number, with Ronan calling her “a contender.”
Reigan Derry was worried that Linkin Park’s “Numb” was too rock for her style, and so she made it a ballad. It was a good move in the end. The judges kept praising her performance, calling her “the most rounded” competitor and “the one to beat.”
Drummer Jason Heerah was asked to sing a “sexy, soulful” version of Icona Pop’s “I Love It.” And even without holding a drumstick, he was able to impress the judges with his performance.
Mick Sattin wasn’t familiar with OneRepublic or even their song “If I Lose Myself,” so Foo decided to change the keys of the song to accommodate his style. It was a great decision. Mick was able to deliver the high notes and impress everyone at the same time.
Rochelle Pitt wasn’t sure that she could sing Avicii’s “Addicted to You.” She visibly struggled during the practice, making Foo doubt that she could even do it.
She did it, though, and she did it spectacularly.
Ronan, the cranky pants of the judges, even enthusiastically danced to Rochelle’s performance.
Similarly, you can also watch titbits on YouTube:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories