Who's The Boss: Tech World's Top 10 CEO's Revealed
By Christine Joy Dacanay | July 30, 2014 10:53 AM EST
As Ken Blanchard , a management expert and author of the book The One Minute Manager has quoted, "In the past, a leader was a boss. Today's leaders must be partners with their people...they no longer can lead solely based on positional power. " Indeed, in any working place harmony and cooperation within and among the personnel in the company or the organisation should work hand in hand to achieve business goals.
Now, here's a quick look on who made it to the top 10 most loved and revered CEO's in the technology industry. The ranks were based on the approval rating of each officers according to their subordinates. The ultimate question asked by Glassdoor, a "job and career site where employees anonymously dish on the pros and cons of their companies and bosses" , was , "Do you approve of the way your CEO is leading the company?. "
1. Jeff Weiner , current CEO of LinkedIn made it to the top of the list. His approval rating is 100%. The former EVP of Yahoo hopes to spearhead the company's goal of "going public" and also its aim to focus on "business intelligence"
2. The 44-year old Steve Mollenkopf of Qualcomm received 94% approval rating, putting him on the second spot. It is under his management that the company became a leader in LTE 4G technology and Qualcomm was named the largest chipset producer.
3. On top 3 is Intuit's CEO Brad Smith. The company has been consistently making it to the most-admired companies list as well as the Top 100 list of the best workplaces.
4. The world renowned Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook ranked fourth on the top 10 list with an approval rating of 93%. One of his most promising quote which has also been the companys motto for years now is, "Move fast and break things. Unless you are breaking stuff, you are not moving fast."
5. Lawrence Page's 93% approval lands him on the fifth spot of the top 10 CEO's in tech. Google's co-founder and chief executive officer's approximate net worth already reached US$32.7 B, placing him on the 17th spot in the worlds richest man list, This was according to Bloomberg Billionaires Index as of July 2014.
6. With the same approval rating as Google's Larry Page and Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Salesforce.com's Marc Benioff. Under Benioff's leadership, the company has been listed under Americas Best Companies (Forbes) and among the Top 100 Most Innovative Company ( BusinessWeek).
7. Riverbed Technology's Jerry Kennelly is at number seven. According to his employees he is caring and personable.
8. Tim Cook's 92% approval rating places him on top 8. Tech giant Apple Inc's CEO has been consistently proving that the company will be able to reach business objectives while sacrificing the well-being of the employees.
9. John Donahoe of eBay is at the 9th spot in this top 10 list. One of the respondents claimed that the 54-year old Donahoe is , "...the most approachable CEO..."
10. Capping off the list is Frank D' Souza, CEO of Cognizant Technology Solutions with 90% approval rate. He is keen on providing his employees with a comprehesive benefit program.
These CEO's are exact proof that leadership combined with companionship can lead to success and growth not only for the company but also to its employees-- bosses and subordinates.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best