Who's The Boss: Tech World's Top 10 CEO's Revealed
By Christine Joy Dacanay | July 30, 2014 10:53 AM EST
As Ken Blanchard , a management expert and author of the book The One Minute Manager has quoted, "In the past, a leader was a boss. Today's leaders must be partners with their people...they no longer can lead solely based on positional power. " Indeed, in any working place harmony and cooperation within and among the personnel in the company or the organisation should work hand in hand to achieve business goals.
Now, here's a quick look on who made it to the top 10 most loved and revered CEO's in the technology industry. The ranks were based on the approval rating of each officers according to their subordinates. The ultimate question asked by Glassdoor, a "job and career site where employees anonymously dish on the pros and cons of their companies and bosses" , was , "Do you approve of the way your CEO is leading the company?. "
1. Jeff Weiner , current CEO of LinkedIn made it to the top of the list. His approval rating is 100%. The former EVP of Yahoo hopes to spearhead the company's goal of "going public" and also its aim to focus on "business intelligence"
2. The 44-year old Steve Mollenkopf of Qualcomm received 94% approval rating, putting him on the second spot. It is under his management that the company became a leader in LTE 4G technology and Qualcomm was named the largest chipset producer.
3. On top 3 is Intuit's CEO Brad Smith. The company has been consistently making it to the most-admired companies list as well as the Top 100 list of the best workplaces.
4. The world renowned Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook ranked fourth on the top 10 list with an approval rating of 93%. One of his most promising quote which has also been the companys motto for years now is, "Move fast and break things. Unless you are breaking stuff, you are not moving fast."
5. Lawrence Page's 93% approval lands him on the fifth spot of the top 10 CEO's in tech. Google's co-founder and chief executive officer's approximate net worth already reached US$32.7 B, placing him on the 17th spot in the worlds richest man list, This was according to Bloomberg Billionaires Index as of July 2014.
6. With the same approval rating as Google's Larry Page and Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Salesforce.com's Marc Benioff. Under Benioff's leadership, the company has been listed under Americas Best Companies (Forbes) and among the Top 100 Most Innovative Company ( BusinessWeek).
7. Riverbed Technology's Jerry Kennelly is at number seven. According to his employees he is caring and personable.
8. Tim Cook's 92% approval rating places him on top 8. Tech giant Apple Inc's CEO has been consistently proving that the company will be able to reach business objectives while sacrificing the well-being of the employees.
9. John Donahoe of eBay is at the 9th spot in this top 10 list. One of the respondents claimed that the 54-year old Donahoe is , "...the most approachable CEO..."
10. Capping off the list is Frank D' Souza, CEO of Cognizant Technology Solutions with 90% approval rate. He is keen on providing his employees with a comprehesive benefit program.
These CEO's are exact proof that leadership combined with companionship can lead to success and growth not only for the company but also to its employees-- bosses and subordinates.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock May Reach $150; First Trillion Company Talks, iPhone 6 and Apple Watch Boost Price
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan