Martha Stewart Lost Graciousness, Disses Gossip Girl Star
By Annie Dee | July 30, 2014 10:30 AM EST
Blake Lively wants to be the next "Maria Stewart", her idol thinks it's a stupid wish. A new report came out saying that Stewart had said it's unwise of Blake Lively to waste her acting talents just because she admires the life and achievements of mother-of-all-how-to. Stewart even reportedly challenged the "Gossip Girl" actress by saying "Let her try."
Actress Blake Lively (L) and designer Michael Kors arrive for the Council of Fashion Designers of America Awards (CFDA) at Lincoln Center in New York June 2, 2014.
In the August issue of Vogue, Blake made it clear that she idolizes the lifestyle and home-making guru, Martha Stewart, especially now that they live close to each other. She said to Vogue, "I've only ever found her to be completely generous and kind. She's one of those people who connect people with each other. She's there for you."
Blake said she experienced Stewart's magic touch herself during her wedding to Ryan Reynolds. When the wedding plans were starting to become disastrous, Stewart allegedly "sent her team down to save us," Lively shares, adding, "She called her friends who have a home in South Carolina and set us up at the most amazing getaway. This is the day of our wedding!"
Stewart herself has a lot of good things to say of the young actress.
"She moved into my neighborhood a couple of years ago with Ryan -- before they got married they bought a house right around the corner from my house. And they started to come over, not to borrow sugar, but just as friends," Stewart shared to Huffington Post Entertainment on July 26. The iconic lifestyle expert also shared that even though the couple eventually moved to "another place which is more private," they still live pretty close.
"They're very friendly, very nice people," she claimed. "In a way, kind of shy -- not shy on the screen, at all, if you've seen any of Blake's movies -- but very shy in person. But she's a baker and a homemaker and now she's starting her own blog [Preserve] ... I haven't seen it yet."
Asked however what she thinks of Blake Lively being the next Martha Stewart, the cook and the businesswoman immediate reaction was a challenge. "Let her try," she said. Of course, the mother of all graciousness probably thought this does not sound right and was quick to explain.
"I don't mean that facetiously!" she continued, laughing off the challenging statement. "I mean, it's stupid, she could be an actress! Why would you want to be me if you could be an actress? I just did a movie yesterday, though -- I can't even tell you about it -- but I want to be Blake Lively," she joked.
Still, the message is clear: Blake Lively should stay where she's good at and Martha will stay on hers.
"Every day I get starstruck by somebody or something," she added. "It's fun to admire and to learn from people who are better at everything than you are, so I have many heroes I worship, like Derek Jeter -- I can't play baseball like Derek Jeter! And Beyonce -- I certainly can't dance and sing like Beyonce!"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers