Game of Thrones Season 5: George R. R. Martin to Focus on Winds of Winter
By Sachin Trivedi | July 30, 2014 10:16 AM EST
Breaking from a long tradition, George R. R. Martin will not be writing for the "Game of Thrones" Season 5. The celebrated author will be focusing on finishing his upcoming book "Winds of Winter."
Many of the fans of the hit TV show "Game of Thrones" were concerned that the show was catching up to the books very quickly and soon the producers may not have enough material for the show.
George R.R. Martin, author of the "Song of Ice and Fire" fantasy series that is the basis of the television series "Game of Thrones", gestures during his masterclass at the Neuchatel International Fantastic Film Festival (NIFFF) in Neuchatel July 10, 2014. REUTERS/Denis Balibouse
Some of the fans who are eagerly waiting for the next book in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series are concerned about George R. R. Martin's ability to complete the series, given his advanced age. The author has many other obligations apart from writing.
The author has now reportedly decided to focus all his energies to completing the book "Winds of Winter." According to an interview with Zap2it, the author will not be writing an episode for the popular TV show "Game of Thrones" Season 5. The show is based on the books written by him.
The author was angry when a reporter recently asked him about the fans concerns. During the interview he said that he found it offensive that people start to speculate about his death. The author admitted that he was a slow writer and wanted to focus the quality of "Winds of Winter" rather than focusing on writing quickly.
The producers of "Game of Thrones" Season 5 have sufficient material however and the production is expected to begin shortly. The producers will be heading towards Spain to film scenes set in the kingdom of Dorne.
Some of the new cast and characters that fans can expect to see in "Game of Thrones" Season 5 include Alexander Siddig as Doran Martel, Toby Sabastian as Trystane Martell, Nell Tiger Free as Myrcella Baratheon, Deobia Oparei as Areo Hotah, Enzo Cilenti as Yezzan, Jessica Henwick as Nymeria Sand, Rosabell Laurenti Sellers as Tyene Sand, Keisha Castle-Hughes as Obara Sand and Jonathan Pryce as High Sparrow.
The introduction of new characters is important in "Game of Thrones" Season 5 after several characters died in the previous season. Fans of the series are eager to know what happens next in the series. Fans of the book series are looking forward for the release of "Winds of Winter."
Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Remembering the Betrayal of the Freys [Read]
Winds of Winter Spoilers: Stannis Baratheon - Fans' Expectations [Read]
Star Wars 7: Harrison Ford Still Using a Crutch [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate