Samsung Galaxy S2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Beanstalk Custom ROM Installation Guide and Fixes
By Precious Silva | July 30, 2014 9:41 AM EST
Samsung Galaxy S2 users particularly those with T989 units can now update to a T-Mobile Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update. The update is available via a BeanStalk custom ROM. Many noted BeanStalk team's fast work as they released the firmware ahead of the Cyanogenmod team. Users can expect a wide range of improved features from the update. The BeanStalk custom ROM has been compared to some of the more popular updates suggesting that it offers the same standard as other well known providers.
A Samsung Galaxy Note II phone-cum-tablet is displayed during the first day of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas January 8, 2013.
The BeanStalk-based Android 4.4.2 KitKat update offers highly customizable features including the density of the LCD and the lockscreen. According to Team Android, the ROM is almost bug-free offering a stable experience. Some of the features to expect according to Team Android include:
- Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
- Option to enable all widgets
- Use widget carousel
- 8 Slider Shortcuts
- AOKP Screen Animations
- Options to control Media Scanner behavior
- Default App grip option
- Dark Stalk UI
- Custom Carrier label
- Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
- Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
- Active Display
- LockScreen Widgets
As with installing custom ROMs, people should back up all of their important personal files, settings and other information. Download the necessary drivers and charge the device to at least 80%. To start installation, download the BeanStalk Android 4.4.2 package along with Google Apps. Connect the device to the computer and transfer the files to the root folder of the SD card. Switch to Recovery Mode. Press the following buttons together: Power, Home and Volume Up. Under ClockworkMod Recovery, choose "wipe data/factory reset." Go to the recovery screen and tap on "install zip from SD card". Choose the zip file and begin installation. Do the same thing for the Google Apps package. Following installation, access "+++++Go Back+++++," reboot the phone and the device should be good to go.
Samsung will also reportedly release its Samsung Galaxy Alpha soon though recent leaks suggest that it might not be as high end. Instead of the expected 1080, the device will reportedly come with a 720 display.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery