Samsung Galaxy S2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Beanstalk Custom ROM Installation Guide and Fixes
By Precious Silva | July 30, 2014 9:41 AM EST
Samsung Galaxy S2 users particularly those with T989 units can now update to a T-Mobile Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update. The update is available via a BeanStalk custom ROM. Many noted BeanStalk team's fast work as they released the firmware ahead of the Cyanogenmod team. Users can expect a wide range of improved features from the update. The BeanStalk custom ROM has been compared to some of the more popular updates suggesting that it offers the same standard as other well known providers.
A Samsung Galaxy Note II phone-cum-tablet is displayed during the first day of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas January 8, 2013.
The BeanStalk-based Android 4.4.2 KitKat update offers highly customizable features including the density of the LCD and the lockscreen. According to Team Android, the ROM is almost bug-free offering a stable experience. Some of the features to expect according to Team Android include:
- Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
- Option to enable all widgets
- Use widget carousel
- 8 Slider Shortcuts
- AOKP Screen Animations
- Options to control Media Scanner behavior
- Default App grip option
- Dark Stalk UI
- Custom Carrier label
- Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
- Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
- Active Display
- LockScreen Widgets
As with installing custom ROMs, people should back up all of their important personal files, settings and other information. Download the necessary drivers and charge the device to at least 80%. To start installation, download the BeanStalk Android 4.4.2 package along with Google Apps. Connect the device to the computer and transfer the files to the root folder of the SD card. Switch to Recovery Mode. Press the following buttons together: Power, Home and Volume Up. Under ClockworkMod Recovery, choose "wipe data/factory reset." Go to the recovery screen and tap on "install zip from SD card". Choose the zip file and begin installation. Do the same thing for the Google Apps package. Following installation, access "+++++Go Back+++++," reboot the phone and the device should be good to go.
Samsung will also reportedly release its Samsung Galaxy Alpha soon though recent leaks suggest that it might not be as high end. Instead of the expected 1080, the device will reportedly come with a 720 display.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid