PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
By Gel Galang | July 30, 2014 9:37 AM EST
Though it's almost the end of July, Sony has not yet announced its planned lineup for the August 2014 PlayStation Plus.
A PlayStation 4 controller is displayed at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 11, 2014.
But there have been eager fans who want to know what free games they will be playing for the month, and a new leak may be the clue to what the lineup contains.
Among the games included in the list is "Flower" from ThatGameCompany. This game is all about the environment, something that becomes almost like a forefront player in the game when others would treat it as a background. The sights and visions alone for this title are already astounding in itself and makes it a fitting follow-up project of the developers who also delivered "flOw."
Two other games supposedly coming to PS Plus for August 2014 are "Stick it to the Man" and "Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate."
Another, more recent leak involving the PS Plus for August 2014 involves an entirely different set of titles. According to LazyGamer, the leak comes from someone in Russia, who claims that there will be two free games each for the PS4, PS3 and PS Vita.
Quoting the tweet from the random tipster, "Leak PS+ August: PS4 Octodad, The Swapper, PS3 Saints Row 4, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, PSV 1001 Spikes, Atelier Rorona Plus."
That's certainly a rather "eclectic" set of games and one that would fit Sony's description of having something for everybody. But the most that this could be taken would be a rumour, as Sony has not yet outed the official list until now.
There are still two days before August dawns, so Sony may be announcing the official lineup in the coming days. But as far what Sony has already confirmed, the PS Plus for August 2014 should be an "eclectic" selection of games, though Sony's Fred Dutton has not provided any more details.
More Features for PS4, Redesign for the Companion App in 2015
Sony may be a bit delayed in releasing the titles for the PS Plus for August 2014, but the company seems to be bent on adding more support features for its next-gen console.
Gearnuke reports that the DLNA support promised way back may be coming in by early 2015. This came from a confirmation via Reddit, with the source being a verified Sony employee.
"I'd say early 2015 for DLNA. MP3 and Video Players by the Holiday season (MP3 maybe sooner)," said the Sony employee as quoted by Gearnuke.
Apart from this additional feature for the PS4, the PlayStation companion app may also see a redesign that would give it a more modernized look. But details for the new look or even the timeframe have not been given either.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- Xbox One Sales Gear Up in China And UK As October System Update Improves Hardware
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks