Sony Xperia E1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Single-SIM Certified By PTCRB; Top Changes from Android 4.4.2 KitKat
By Ryan Inoyori | July 30, 2014 9:35 AM EST
Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Sony Xperia E1 Single-SIM variant has been certified by PTCRB with build version 20.1.A.0.45. It is compatible with Xperia E1 models D2004 and D2005 which may have the "Apps to SD card" feature found on Xperia T2 Ultra update.
PTCRB posted a newly certified firmware running Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Sony Xperia E1 Single-SIM variant. It has the build version 20.1.A.0.45 and will move the smartphone from 20.0.A.1.16. Moreover, the firmware is compatible to both Xperia E1 D2004 and D2005 models that may be released next month.
Recently, Xperia E1 Dual-SIM variant received a new certified firmware running Android 4.4.2 KitKat with build version 20.1.B.0.60 compatible to D2104 and D2105 while its DTV variant or D2215 has the 20.1.B.0.61 build version.
As of now, there is no official release date from Sony Mobile and users may expect some time next month if the new firmware builds are stable and good to go.
Apps to SD Card Feature
XperiaBlog claims that the Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Sony Xperia E1 and Xperia E1 Dual may features the "Apps to SD card" feature found on Xperia T2 Ultra's Android KitKat update. Having this feature will allow users to transfer apps from the internal storage to the microSD card which has been restricted by Google on the default Android KitKat firmware.
- Allow selected apps to be moved on the SD card to free space on the internal storage.
- Move add-on data files included by certain apps and games which have large sizes.
- May only become available on certain Xperia devices that offer very limited internal storage.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat Change Logs
Sony Mobile confirmed the official changes included on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat for the user interface, apps and services, and camera experience.
- Standard enhancements and optimisations of Android 4.4.2 KitKat from Google.
- PlayStation 4 new user interface such as boot animation, status bar and Quick Settings.
- Latest versions of Sony native applications including messaging, email, Smart Social Camera and STAMINA mode.
- Updates on the Sony Media applications including WALKMAN, Album and Movies, and Sony Entertainment Network cloud service.
- Xperia Theme support with downloadable contents via Sony Select or via Google Play Store.
- Compatibility with Sony SmartWear Experience such as SmartBand and Lifelog application.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat update is currently available on selected Xperia devices including Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia Z and Xperia Tablet Z.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar