Sony Xperia E1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Single-SIM Certified By PTCRB; Top Changes from Android 4.4.2 KitKat
By Ryan Inoyori | July 30, 2014 9:35 AM EST
Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Sony Xperia E1 Single-SIM variant has been certified by PTCRB with build version 20.1.A.0.45. It is compatible with Xperia E1 models D2004 and D2005 which may have the "Apps to SD card" feature found on Xperia T2 Ultra update.
PTCRB posted a newly certified firmware running Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Sony Xperia E1 Single-SIM variant. It has the build version 20.1.A.0.45 and will move the smartphone from 20.0.A.1.16. Moreover, the firmware is compatible to both Xperia E1 D2004 and D2005 models that may be released next month.
Recently, Xperia E1 Dual-SIM variant received a new certified firmware running Android 4.4.2 KitKat with build version 20.1.B.0.60 compatible to D2104 and D2105 while its DTV variant or D2215 has the 20.1.B.0.61 build version.
As of now, there is no official release date from Sony Mobile and users may expect some time next month if the new firmware builds are stable and good to go.
Apps to SD Card Feature
XperiaBlog claims that the Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Sony Xperia E1 and Xperia E1 Dual may features the "Apps to SD card" feature found on Xperia T2 Ultra's Android KitKat update. Having this feature will allow users to transfer apps from the internal storage to the microSD card which has been restricted by Google on the default Android KitKat firmware.
- Allow selected apps to be moved on the SD card to free space on the internal storage.
- Move add-on data files included by certain apps and games which have large sizes.
- May only become available on certain Xperia devices that offer very limited internal storage.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat Change Logs
Sony Mobile confirmed the official changes included on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat for the user interface, apps and services, and camera experience.
- Standard enhancements and optimisations of Android 4.4.2 KitKat from Google.
- PlayStation 4 new user interface such as boot animation, status bar and Quick Settings.
- Latest versions of Sony native applications including messaging, email, Smart Social Camera and STAMINA mode.
- Updates on the Sony Media applications including WALKMAN, Album and Movies, and Sony Entertainment Network cloud service.
- Xperia Theme support with downloadable contents via Sony Select or via Google Play Store.
- Compatibility with Sony SmartWear Experience such as SmartBand and Lifelog application.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat update is currently available on selected Xperia devices including Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia Z and Xperia Tablet Z.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS