5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is December; Rival OEMs Likely to Hike Price; Sapphire Out of 4.7-Inch Model
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 30, 2014 9:29 AM EST
With new reports on the release of iPhone 6 popping out every passing day, we now have information claiming that the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 will not get sapphire screen. Furthermore, the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 release date is slated for December and the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 release date is designated for mid-September. If reports come true, the flagship devices from other manufacturers like Samsung, and Sony among others would be hiked owing to iPhone 6 release.
Apple CEO Tim Cook departs the stage following his keynote address at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, California, June 2, 2014.
Going by the information provided by a research firm, the reports pertaining to sapphire crystal being used in 4.7-inch iPhone 6 model is not true. With the release date set in September, the sapphire screen component suppliers for 4.7-inch iPhone 6 should have shipped their items by now. However this has not happened thus far. Hence it is safe to assume that the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 variant will not come equipped with Sapphire display, says GSMArena via GForGames.
When it comes to the bigger 5.5-inch iPhone 6, a source from China suggests that the phablet will be launched in December. Seemingly, the mass production of this phablet will commence in September.
Apart from the two variants of iPhones, Apple iWatch will also be introduced during the announcement of the 5.5-inch iPhone 6. Nevertheless, there is no information available to ascertain if the iWatch display will come with a sapphire crystal dial.
According to earlier reports, the upcoming iWatch will come with a round display instead of the square or rectangular display seen in many other smartwatches released thus far. If this report turns out to be true, the process of fixing Sapphire glass on the rounded surface would be very difficult, according to GForGames.
It is worth reminding that, Apple has ordered a whopping 70 million to 80 million units of the upcoming iPhone 6. Keeping this aggregate in mind, Chinese media opines that the price range of high-end smartphones pertaining to other manufacturers/competitors would increase by 5% to 10% shortly.
The obvious reason is that the manufacturers are equipped with limited resource and supply. If Apple requires more units, then the resources will be working on getting the iPhone 6 on time. This makes the production of other devices fall to a great extent. Also in reality, when the demand of a particular product/device stays the same, but the supply decreases, the price will increase, according to GSMArena.
Notably, Foxconn is one of the major iPhone manufacturers. However, the company also produces devices for Nokia, Sony, Motorola, Microsoft and BlackBerry to name a few. Therefore, Apple's thumping iPhone 6 orders would reduce the supply of devices from the aforementioned tech giants.
Moreover, the month September will reportedly see the launch of Apple iPhone 6 along with Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Sony Xperia Z3, Samsung Galaxy Alpha and BlackBerry Passport. Nonetheless, there is no confirmation from Apple on any of the aforementioned information.
1. Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One-Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown - [Read]
2. Three Refreshed 15-Inch Retina MacBook Pro Models Likely as iPhone 6 Release Date Nears - [Read]
3. Motorola Moto X+1 Killer Images Leaked With Wooden Rear Panel, Plastic Logo, Dual LED Flash, No microSD Slot - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones