Sony Xperia M2 vs. BlackBerry Z10 – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 30, 2014 9:27 AM EST
The BlackBerry Z10 was launched in the first quarter of 2013, whereas the Sony Xperia M2 was released in May 2014. Moreover, both the handsets are budget-friendly and pack killer features. Readers who are interested in the BlackBerry Z10 or the Sony Xperia M2 should check out this specifications, features and price comparison.
Display, Exterior and Size
The Sony Xperia M2 comes with a 4.8-inch TFT display bundled with 540 x 960 pixels resolution, whereas the BlackBerry Z10 features a relatively smaller 4.2-inch display but the resolution is better than the Xperia M2 at 768 x 1,280 pixels. The pixel density of BlackBerry Z10 and Sony Xperia M2 stand at 355 ppi and 229 ppi respectively.
When it comes to exterior, the Sony Xperia M2 comes with a plastic body unlike the high-end Xperia devices, which helps the handset's weight in check. However, the shiny plastic rear is prone to fingerprints and scratches, says Tech Radar. Similar to other BlackBerry handsets, the BlackBerry Z10 has a solid build. The BlackBerry Z10 comes with a back panel made of textured plastic that gives the look of a rubberised back. The handset provides good grip and it feels solid and comfortable on the hands.
The thickness and the weight of Sony Xperia M2 are 0.34-inch and 148 g respectively, whereas the BlackBerry Z10 is 0.35-inch thick and weighs 138 g.
Hardware, Software and Memory
The BlackBerry Z10 is powered by a dual-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus) Krait processor, clocked at 1.5 GHz. The Sony Xperia M2, on the other hand, is powered by a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400) Cortex-A7 processor, clocked at 1.2 GHz. However, the Sony Xperia M2 houses only 1 GB of RAM, while BlackBerry Z10 comes with a solid 2 GB of RAM.
The Sony Xperia M2 runs on Android OS v4.3 Jelly Bean (upgradable to higher versions), while the BlackBerry Z10 runs on BlackBerry 10.x OS (upgradable to higher versions). In addition, the Sony handset offers 8 GB of internal storage and microSD card support for expansion up to 32 GB. The BlackBerry Z10, meanwhile, comes with 16 GB of internal storage and microSD slot for expansion up to 64 GB.
Camera and Battery
Both the devices house the same 8 MP rear-facing camera unit with LED flash. In addition, the Sony Xperia M2 houses a VGA shooter in the front, while the BlackBerry Z10 houses a 2 MP front-facing camera unit.
The Sony Xperia M2 houses a good non-removable Li-Ion 2300 mAh battery unit, whereas the BlackBerry Z10 houses a relatively inferior Li-Ion 1800 mAh user-replaceable battery unit.
Sony Xperia M2
Connectivity, SIM and Colour
Both the phones come equipped with Bluetooth v4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11, and USB charging facility. Besides, both the phones support micro-sim. It is worth noting that, while several variants of Sony Xperia M2 supports dual-sim mode, the BlackBerry handset doesn't.
Furthermore, the BlackBerry Z10 comes with a Micro HDMI port, while the Xperia M2 doesn't. In addition, both the devices support NFC. The Sony Xperia M2 comes in black, white and purple, whereas the BlackBerry Z10 comes in black and white shades.
1. Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One-Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown - [Read]
3. Motorola Moto X+1 Killer Images Leaked With Wooden Rear Panel, Plastic Logo, Dual LED Flash, No microSD Slot - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes