Sons of Anarchy Creator Kurt Sutter Announces SOA Novel Bratva, Prequel Will Start Years After the Show Finale
By Riza Ornos | July 30, 2014 9:09 AM EST
"Sons of Anarchy" series creator Kurt Sutter recently announced during the 2014 San Diego Comic Con the biker series novel, "Bratva." Now on its final production, the hit FX drama show is building out the world of SAMCRO set in SOA season 4 as the TV show bids farewell to its fans.
Cast member Charlie Hunnam of the drama series "Sons of Anarchy" shakes his juice as he participates in a panel discussion during FX Networks' portion of the 2014 Television Critics Association Cable Summer Press Tour in Beverly Hills, California July 21, 2014.
"Bratva" will follow SAMCRO's president Jax Teller (Charlie Hunnam), Opie (Ryan Hurst) and Chibs (Tommy Flanagan) "who get into some really gnarly things with a Russian crew," said Sutter on Sunday during the recent Comic Convention as he also revealed the cover art. "If you care to continue to partake, check out the novels."
Set to be released on Nov., the highly anticipated biker novel will give fans sometime to enjoy the adventures of Jax and his crew after the show bids farewell on Dec. Scheduled to premiere on Sept. 9, the "Sons of Anarchy" season 7 will kick off 10 days after Tara's brutal death in the hands of SAMCRO's matriarch and Jax's mother, Gemma Teller (Katey Sagal.)
"Now that FX has expanded and they're looking at doing standalone seasons and miniseries, I think it's probably a lot more viable than it was a few years ago," said the tattooed showrunner to the Hollywood Reporter when asked about his plans after SOA's final season.
"I love the idea of doing the origin story, even if it's a standalone 12-episode thing. I love the idea of doing a period piece. It definitely would have different energy, it would be a different kind of show, but I think the real fans would plug into it," added Sutter.
With his announcement, Sutter warned fans not to expect the prequel to start right ahead after the show will have its final season. The controversial writer wants to let the show breathe for a couple of years before starting another bloodbath on TV that will follow the story of John Teller, the man behind SAMCRO.
Given how much the fans love the biker series, the prequel will feature the younger John and his feuds with Gemma and the younger Clay Morrow. Sutter's plan is to take the audience back to the time when Teller is having high hopes for the club.
"Sons of Anarchy" season 7 will start to kick off on Sept. 9 on FX.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine