Sons of Anarchy Creator Kurt Sutter Announces SOA Novel Bratva, Prequel Will Start Years After the Show Finale
By Riza Ornos | July 30, 2014 9:09 AM EST
"Sons of Anarchy" series creator Kurt Sutter recently announced during the 2014 San Diego Comic Con the biker series novel, "Bratva." Now on its final production, the hit FX drama show is building out the world of SAMCRO set in SOA season 4 as the TV show bids farewell to its fans.
Cast member Charlie Hunnam of the drama series "Sons of Anarchy" shakes his juice as he participates in a panel discussion during FX Networks' portion of the 2014 Television Critics Association Cable Summer Press Tour in Beverly Hills, California July 21, 2014.
"Bratva" will follow SAMCRO's president Jax Teller (Charlie Hunnam), Opie (Ryan Hurst) and Chibs (Tommy Flanagan) "who get into some really gnarly things with a Russian crew," said Sutter on Sunday during the recent Comic Convention as he also revealed the cover art. "If you care to continue to partake, check out the novels."
Set to be released on Nov., the highly anticipated biker novel will give fans sometime to enjoy the adventures of Jax and his crew after the show bids farewell on Dec. Scheduled to premiere on Sept. 9, the "Sons of Anarchy" season 7 will kick off 10 days after Tara's brutal death in the hands of SAMCRO's matriarch and Jax's mother, Gemma Teller (Katey Sagal.)
"Now that FX has expanded and they're looking at doing standalone seasons and miniseries, I think it's probably a lot more viable than it was a few years ago," said the tattooed showrunner to the Hollywood Reporter when asked about his plans after SOA's final season.
"I love the idea of doing the origin story, even if it's a standalone 12-episode thing. I love the idea of doing a period piece. It definitely would have different energy, it would be a different kind of show, but I think the real fans would plug into it," added Sutter.
With his announcement, Sutter warned fans not to expect the prequel to start right ahead after the show will have its final season. The controversial writer wants to let the show breathe for a couple of years before starting another bloodbath on TV that will follow the story of John Teller, the man behind SAMCRO.
Given how much the fans love the biker series, the prequel will feature the younger John and his feuds with Gemma and the younger Clay Morrow. Sutter's plan is to take the audience back to the time when Teller is having high hopes for the club.
"Sons of Anarchy" season 7 will start to kick off on Sept. 9 on FX.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date