Sons of Anarchy Creator Kurt Sutter Announces SOA Novel Bratva, Prequel Will Start Years After the Show Finale
By Riza Ornos | July 30, 2014 9:09 AM EST
"Sons of Anarchy" series creator Kurt Sutter recently announced during the 2014 San Diego Comic Con the biker series novel, "Bratva." Now on its final production, the hit FX drama show is building out the world of SAMCRO set in SOA season 4 as the TV show bids farewell to its fans.
Cast member Charlie Hunnam of the drama series "Sons of Anarchy" shakes his juice as he participates in a panel discussion during FX Networks' portion of the 2014 Television Critics Association Cable Summer Press Tour in Beverly Hills, California July 21, 2014.
"Bratva" will follow SAMCRO's president Jax Teller (Charlie Hunnam), Opie (Ryan Hurst) and Chibs (Tommy Flanagan) "who get into some really gnarly things with a Russian crew," said Sutter on Sunday during the recent Comic Convention as he also revealed the cover art. "If you care to continue to partake, check out the novels."
Set to be released on Nov., the highly anticipated biker novel will give fans sometime to enjoy the adventures of Jax and his crew after the show bids farewell on Dec. Scheduled to premiere on Sept. 9, the "Sons of Anarchy" season 7 will kick off 10 days after Tara's brutal death in the hands of SAMCRO's matriarch and Jax's mother, Gemma Teller (Katey Sagal.)
"Now that FX has expanded and they're looking at doing standalone seasons and miniseries, I think it's probably a lot more viable than it was a few years ago," said the tattooed showrunner to the Hollywood Reporter when asked about his plans after SOA's final season.
"I love the idea of doing the origin story, even if it's a standalone 12-episode thing. I love the idea of doing a period piece. It definitely would have different energy, it would be a different kind of show, but I think the real fans would plug into it," added Sutter.
With his announcement, Sutter warned fans not to expect the prequel to start right ahead after the show will have its final season. The controversial writer wants to let the show breathe for a couple of years before starting another bloodbath on TV that will follow the story of John Teller, the man behind SAMCRO.
Given how much the fans love the biker series, the prequel will feature the younger John and his feuds with Gemma and the younger Clay Morrow. Sutter's plan is to take the audience back to the time when Teller is having high hopes for the club.
"Sons of Anarchy" season 7 will start to kick off on Sept. 9 on FX.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles