Apple Acquires Swell for $30M for ITunes with Samsung on Hiring Silicon Spree, Facebook Joins with Uber
By Precious Silva | July 30, 2014 8:08 AM EST
The tech industry has been buzzing quite a bit than usual as Apple moves into an acquisition for its iTunes and Beats venture. Samsung has started a hiring spree while Zuckerberg looks into Uber for Facebook.
A man is silhouetted against a video screen with an Facebook logo as he poses with an Dell laptop
The Acquisition of the Radio App Swell by the Giant, Apple
Businesswise, iTunes downloads and iTunes Radio are in pressing need of help. For 30 million dollars, Apple bought Swell. Analysts expect Apple to shut down the app although the Swell team will move on to Itunes radio and Beats' streaming audio options for enhanced services. According to analysts, the app will most likely be appealing for its user-friendly nature and more personalized audio experience. According to The Guardian, people can just sit back, relax and listen to different music choices. Users can keep it if they like it. If they don't, then just swipe it away and proceed with the next.
Samsung's plan to open a 300 million dollar R&D center in Silicon Valley
According to Business Insider, this planned new strategy and innovation center will supposedly drive and accelerate new business creation for Samsung's device solutions, thereby creating a platform for global innovation. Hiring is frantic. In the memory business, tops PhD's, top talents and experts are being grabbed as fast as Samsung possibly can.
Possible Integration of Uber into Messenger
News has surfaced that talks between Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg and UberCeo Travis Kalanich already took place. The main topic was the integration of Uber into Messenger. Although it is supposedly at the conceptual stage, and not yet into implementation, they strongly believe that it is a crucial area where Messenger will be headed. In the past, the Facebook CEO has already said that payments would be integrated into the Messenger's future. It may still be a far from happening, but it will be definitely be in place one of these days.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones