Salaries of Reality TV Shows’ Stars: ‘The Voice Australia’ Star Kylie Minogue’s $7M Vs ‘The X Factor Australia’ Coach Dannii Minogue’s $2M
By Anne Lu | July 30, 2014 3:45 AM EST
“The Voice Australia” coach Kylie Minogue is reportedly earning a lot more than her sister, “The X Factor Australia” judge Dannii Minogue. Salaries of reality TV stars have been revealed, with Kylie banking the highest with $7 million.
Singers and sisters Dannii (L) and Kylie Minogue arrive for the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Luke MacGregor
Woman’s Day reported that Kylie’s turn as judge in season 3 of “The Voice Australia” has earned her a cool $7 million, which is $5 million more than Dannii’s $2 million payday from “The X Factor Australia” for the current season.
The big disparity in their salaries has apparently added to the already existing tension between the sisters.
“It can’t be easy knowing her sister is paid so much more to do basically the same job,” a source claimed to the magazine.
However, Dannii may be relieved to know that Kylie’s substantial fee was a package deal that included appearances at other Channel Nine shows and a performance at the TV Week Logie Awards.
As for Kylie’s co-judges at “The Voice Australia,” will.i.am and Ricky Martin came closest to her in wage, with each earning $4 million. Joel Madden took the cheapest wage at $2 million.
Before giving up their seats in the show, Delta Goodrem, Keith Urban and Seal allegedly pulled in $6.6 million each.
Delta suffered a pay cut for “The Voice Kids Australia” with $2 million. Former Spice Girl Mel B earns half a million dollar more than her with $2.5 million for the same show, while their fellow coaches, Joel and twin brother Benji Madden, are each paid $1 million.
“The X Factor Australia” coaches don’t fare much better. Redfoo, like Dannii, is getting paid $2 million for the season, while Ronan Keating is paid $2.5 million. Natalie Bassingthwaighte only gets $1.25 million.
The show’s host Luke Jacobz is reportedly getting $400,000.
“MasterChef Australia” judges have modest salaries compared to the “X Factor” and “Voice” teams. Matt Preston, George Calombaris and Gary Mehigan took $1 million each per season.
And while “So You Think You Can Dance” wasn’t a hit like the three aforementioned reality shows, Channel Ten still paid Paula Abdul a staggering $4 million for the recent season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- 'White Collar' Season 6 RECAP Episode 3: Amy Slaps Neal Caffrey In Uncontrolled Variables [SPOILERS]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 24-26, 2014: The Forresters, Logans And Spencers Will Celebrate Thanksgiving Day At The Forrester Mansion
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced