Premier League: Sturridge Believes Liverpool Can Conquer Upcoming Season
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 29, 2014 11:13 PM EST
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge believes that Liverpool are capable of conquering both domestic and European competitions in the upcoming season.
The Reds suffered a big setback when Luis Suarez opted to make a move to FC Barcelona, with the Uruguay international playing a major role in the Merseysiders' successful 2013/14 term that saw them finish as runners-up, which rebooked them a spot in the Champions League after a three-year absence.
Guy Rhodes-USA TODAY Sports
Liverpool FC player Daniel Sturridge (center) celebrates their goal against Olympiacos during the first half at Soldier Field.
Nevertheless, the hierarchy at Anfield gave Brendan Rodgers the go signal to make key acquisitions to try to offset the loss of a superstar, which pleased Sturridge.
"With the signings that the manager has made - exciting players, young players, with experience of the Premier League - we are going to have that winning mentality and the mentality to move forward," the 24-year-old England international told the Club's officail website.
"We'll be an exciting squad, playing attacking football and that's the Liverpool way. We will continue to do that."
"We are a young, hungry squad that are looking to put our stamp down not just in the Premier League but European football as well."
"We will try to move forward as a squad with a great manager behind us who has got the exact same mentality. He is hungry for success. That is the motto - everybody is hungry for success here."
Adam Lallana, Dejan Lovren, Lazar Markovic, Emre Can, and Rickie Lambert are the new faces who can help Liverpool's cause straight away.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation