Premier League: Sturridge Believes Liverpool Can Conquer Upcoming Season
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 29, 2014 11:13 PM EST
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge believes that Liverpool are capable of conquering both domestic and European competitions in the upcoming season.
The Reds suffered a big setback when Luis Suarez opted to make a move to FC Barcelona, with the Uruguay international playing a major role in the Merseysiders' successful 2013/14 term that saw them finish as runners-up, which rebooked them a spot in the Champions League after a three-year absence.
Guy Rhodes-USA TODAY Sports
Liverpool FC player Daniel Sturridge (center) celebrates their goal against Olympiacos during the first half at Soldier Field.
Nevertheless, the hierarchy at Anfield gave Brendan Rodgers the go signal to make key acquisitions to try to offset the loss of a superstar, which pleased Sturridge.
"With the signings that the manager has made - exciting players, young players, with experience of the Premier League - we are going to have that winning mentality and the mentality to move forward," the 24-year-old England international told the Club's officail website.
"We'll be an exciting squad, playing attacking football and that's the Liverpool way. We will continue to do that."
"We are a young, hungry squad that are looking to put our stamp down not just in the Premier League but European football as well."
"We will try to move forward as a squad with a great manager behind us who has got the exact same mentality. He is hungry for success. That is the motto - everybody is hungry for success here."
Adam Lallana, Dejan Lovren, Lazar Markovic, Emre Can, and Rickie Lambert are the new faces who can help Liverpool's cause straight away.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]