Viral Video: Umpire for Amateur Baseball Association of New Jersey Finds Fame in the Internet for Unique Call-Out Style! [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | July 29, 2014 11:03 PM EST
Another viral video is making the rounds in the Internet and this time it features an umpire for the Amateur Baseball Association, or ABA of New Jersey. His name is Eddie Reed and he is now famous for his unique call-out style during baseball games. He uses funny and entertaining pop references including songs like "U Can't Touch This" from MC Hammer, "Mama Said Knock You Out" by LL Cool J, "Gangnam Style" by Psy, "2 Chainz," and "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" by James Brown. Read on to learn more about this viral video that has already been viewed on YouTube by 880,183 viewers as of this writing!
According to the Alternative Press, the viral video featuring ABA NJ umpire Reed was shot on July 20, 2014 at the Westfield High School field in New Jersey. Reed was the umpire of the game between the Riverside Bombers and the Westfield Tomahawks.
Aside from the songs and artists mentioned earlier, Reed also referenced other artists such as Run DMC and T-Pain. Plus, he even mentioned the wrestler-turned-actor Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
YouTube user Jeff Bendix posted the video of Eddie Reed on Monday, July 21, 2014. Since then, 988 viewers gave it the thumbs up. But, 84 viewers gave it the thumbs down. Bendix even compared Reed to the late actor Leslie Nielsen who famously starred in "The Naked Gun." Nielsen's memorable scene as a funny umpire was reminiscent of Reed's hilarious call-out style.
Check out some of the viewers' comments below:
"If the big leagues had those kind of umps, it would make the game a lot more entertaining," Giraffe George posted on the YouTube comments section of the video.
"If you are true baseball fan/player you'd see this as very disrespectful and ignorant to the sport. Professionalism," YouTube user Al C posted.
And that's the viral video of Eddie Reed, the umpire for the Amateur Baseball Association of New Jersey who became famous for unique call-out style. For more viral videos like this, as well as other news about entertainment, health, sports, technology, finance and business, visit the International Business Times (IBT) regularly.
Watch the viral video below of Eddie Reed, the ABA NJ umpire:
READ MORE ABOUT VIRAL VIDEOS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports