Viral Video: Umpire for Amateur Baseball Association of New Jersey Finds Fame in the Internet for Unique Call-Out Style! [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | July 29, 2014 11:03 PM EST
Another viral video is making the rounds in the Internet and this time it features an umpire for the Amateur Baseball Association, or ABA of New Jersey. His name is Eddie Reed and he is now famous for his unique call-out style during baseball games. He uses funny and entertaining pop references including songs like "U Can't Touch This" from MC Hammer, "Mama Said Knock You Out" by LL Cool J, "Gangnam Style" by Psy, "2 Chainz," and "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" by James Brown. Read on to learn more about this viral video that has already been viewed on YouTube by 880,183 viewers as of this writing!
According to the Alternative Press, the viral video featuring ABA NJ umpire Reed was shot on July 20, 2014 at the Westfield High School field in New Jersey. Reed was the umpire of the game between the Riverside Bombers and the Westfield Tomahawks.
Aside from the songs and artists mentioned earlier, Reed also referenced other artists such as Run DMC and T-Pain. Plus, he even mentioned the wrestler-turned-actor Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
YouTube user Jeff Bendix posted the video of Eddie Reed on Monday, July 21, 2014. Since then, 988 viewers gave it the thumbs up. But, 84 viewers gave it the thumbs down. Bendix even compared Reed to the late actor Leslie Nielsen who famously starred in "The Naked Gun." Nielsen's memorable scene as a funny umpire was reminiscent of Reed's hilarious call-out style.
Check out some of the viewers' comments below:
"If the big leagues had those kind of umps, it would make the game a lot more entertaining," Giraffe George posted on the YouTube comments section of the video.
"If you are true baseball fan/player you'd see this as very disrespectful and ignorant to the sport. Professionalism," YouTube user Al C posted.
And that's the viral video of Eddie Reed, the umpire for the Amateur Baseball Association of New Jersey who became famous for unique call-out style. For more viral videos like this, as well as other news about entertainment, health, sports, technology, finance and business, visit the International Business Times (IBT) regularly.
Watch the viral video below of Eddie Reed, the ABA NJ umpire:
READ MORE ABOUT VIRAL VIDEOS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop