Transfer News: FC Lorient Secures Signature of Marseille Forward Amid Stiff Competition
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 29, 2014 8:58 PM EST
French side FC Lorient were able to sign Olympique Marseille forward Jordan Ayew amid stiff competition from around Europe.
The 22-year-old Ghanaian international showed that he can be a legitimate threat in front of goal at the Stade Velodrome, but just can't seem to get enough chances under the guidance of then manager Jose Anigo.
"It was not a difficult choice because this is a fantastic and progressive club,"said the France-born player.
"The club is ambitious and they have a great structure."
Ayew, who will be leaving his brother Andre behind, has been linked with English clubs like Stoke City and Everton, among others, before deciding to stay in the Ligue 1.
"The atmosphere is good, the facility is great and you have everything in place to focus on football," he added.
"This is the perfect place for me, and I am really looking forward to joining the squad and continue in this competitive championship [Ligue 1]."
"All I want to do is give my best to the club and hopefully it will be a successful time for everyone associated with the team."
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR Preview
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date