Transfer News: FC Lorient Secures Signature of Marseille Forward Amid Stiff Competition
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 29, 2014 8:58 PM EST
French side FC Lorient were able to sign Olympique Marseille forward Jordan Ayew amid stiff competition from around Europe.
The 22-year-old Ghanaian international showed that he can be a legitimate threat in front of goal at the Stade Velodrome, but just can't seem to get enough chances under the guidance of then manager Jose Anigo.
"It was not a difficult choice because this is a fantastic and progressive club,"said the France-born player.
"The club is ambitious and they have a great structure."
Ayew, who will be leaving his brother Andre behind, has been linked with English clubs like Stoke City and Everton, among others, before deciding to stay in the Ligue 1.
"The atmosphere is good, the facility is great and you have everything in place to focus on football," he added.
"This is the perfect place for me, and I am really looking forward to joining the squad and continue in this competitive championship [Ligue 1]."
"All I want to do is give my best to the club and hopefully it will be a successful time for everyone associated with the team."
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]