Transfer News: FC Lorient Secures Signature of Marseille Forward Amid Stiff Competition
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 29, 2014 8:58 PM EST
French side FC Lorient were able to sign Olympique Marseille forward Jordan Ayew amid stiff competition from around Europe.
The 22-year-old Ghanaian international showed that he can be a legitimate threat in front of goal at the Stade Velodrome, but just can't seem to get enough chances under the guidance of then manager Jose Anigo.
"It was not a difficult choice because this is a fantastic and progressive club,"said the France-born player.
"The club is ambitious and they have a great structure."
Ayew, who will be leaving his brother Andre behind, has been linked with English clubs like Stoke City and Everton, among others, before deciding to stay in the Ligue 1.
"The atmosphere is good, the facility is great and you have everything in place to focus on football," he added.
"This is the perfect place for me, and I am really looking forward to joining the squad and continue in this competitive championship [Ligue 1]."
"All I want to do is give my best to the club and hopefully it will be a successful time for everyone associated with the team."
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2