Transfer News: FC Lorient Secures Signature of Marseille Forward Amid Stiff Competition
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 29, 2014 8:58 PM EST
French side FC Lorient were able to sign Olympique Marseille forward Jordan Ayew amid stiff competition from around Europe.
The 22-year-old Ghanaian international showed that he can be a legitimate threat in front of goal at the Stade Velodrome, but just can't seem to get enough chances under the guidance of then manager Jose Anigo.
"It was not a difficult choice because this is a fantastic and progressive club,"said the France-born player.
"The club is ambitious and they have a great structure."
Ayew, who will be leaving his brother Andre behind, has been linked with English clubs like Stoke City and Everton, among others, before deciding to stay in the Ligue 1.
"The atmosphere is good, the facility is great and you have everything in place to focus on football," he added.
"This is the perfect place for me, and I am really looking forward to joining the squad and continue in this competitive championship [Ligue 1]."
"All I want to do is give my best to the club and hopefully it will be a successful time for everyone associated with the team."
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS