Ian Somerhalder: Vampire Diaries Actor Spoofs Season 5 Finale with Co-Star Kat Graham on What Happened to Damon and Bonnie
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 29, 2014 6:33 PM EST
At the 2014 San Diego Comic-Con, the CW TV series teased the fans with an exclusive video on what happened to Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Bonnie (Kat Graham) after the bright white light from the Other Side swallowed them up. However, the video was a spoof on the Season 5 finale episode titled "Home" where Damon and Bonnie reasoned out why they cannot be written off the show.
Actor Ian Somerhalder arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
Joseph Morgan: The Originals Actor Marries The Vampire Diaries Star Persia White in Jamaica, Rep Confirms
Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Exclusive Footage on Demon Dean Shown at 2014 Comic-Con, Sam and Dean to Fight with Castiel Trying to Help
The spoof video begins with the ending scene of "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 finale where Bonnie and Damon held hands before the Other Side collapsed. Bonnie asked if the experience will hurt them but Damon responded he does not know.
After Damon and Bonnie "passed over," the next scene showed actress Kat Graham wondering what just happened. "I have no idea," co-star Ian Somerhalder stated. Bonnie continued to wonder if they just got written off but the 35-year-old actor pointed out that he got killed off a TV show before and that was not how they did it.
Then, Kat suddenly hit Ian and asked what he did or if he behaved badly while filming "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 to get them written off but Ian answered he did not do anything. Ian pointed out that his co-star Paul Wesley will not allow Damon to be gone just like that.
However, actor Paul Wesley appeared in the spoof video asking "Does this mean I get more money?" As Kat and Ian reasoned out that they cannot be written of the show because the TVD cast and crew love them, the rest of the cast members seem to not care that Damon and Bonnie vanished on the Other Side.
Then, Kat suggested that maybe their characters were written off the show because they will have their own spinoff series. Kat even gave "The Originals" star Joseph Morgan (Klaus) a phone call to share the exciting news but they never expected the reaction that the British actor gave to them which is angry and threatening.
Kat finally realizes that this could really mean the end for them but Ian insists that there is still a way for them to come back and be saved and it is through the "Vampire Diaries" fans out there. "We love you guys, we are counting on you. We need you to make some noise," Ian stated while Kat asked the fans to bring them back home. Click HERE to watch the "Vampire Diaries" Comic-Con Exclusive 2014 video featuring cast members Kat Graham and Ian Somerhalder.
Fans can find out what really happened to Damon and Bonnie when "The Vampire Diaries" returns with Season 6 on Thursday night, Oct 2, at 8/7c on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
Vampire Diaries Season 6 Spoilers: Stefan-Caroline Relationship a Little Damaged, Caroline Most Affected with Season 5 Finale Events - [READ]
Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev: Vampire Diaries Stars Win MTVU's Ship of the Year Award as On-Screen Couple Damon and Elena - [READ]
Vampire Diaries Season 6 Spoilers: Actor Matt Davis and EP Julie Plec Tease What Alaric Saltzman is Up To in New Season - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles