Castle Season 7: Nathan Fillion Answers Question about Castle and Beckett Wedding [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 29, 2014 6:31 PM EST
Castle and Beckett's wedding was one of the most anticipated weddings in the T.V series world. The writers of "Castle" raised the expectations of Caskett fans and then gave them a heartbreaking moment in Season 6 finale, and not the moment to savour. Castle and Beckett did not get married in the final episode, after it seemed that Beckett and Castle have overcome all the obstacles.
The groom was missing and Beckett found Castle's car in a ditch and in flames. The worst was being assumed, that Castle is dead. Nathan Fillion, who plays "Castle," has signed on for Season 7 and it is confirmed that his character is not dead. In an interview with TV Line at Comic-Con, the actor, however, did not spill any detail about what must have happened to his character.
When TV Line asked him whether Castle and Beckett will get married in Season 7, Fillion said, "We made people wait a lot time for these two characters to finally get together. Now that they are together, how much longer can we make people wait for wedding, I think becomes my question. You don't want people to become bored in the waiting."
Fillion also said that he was one of the guys who suggested not to get Beckett and Castle married, because then people will stop watching. He admitted that he was wrong.
And, speaking about David Amann taking over as the new showrunner, Fillion said that this switch means that "they're in very capable hands." He called Amann the "right hand guy" of Marlowe "in a lot of ways," and said that Amann has been working on the show for the last four years. Fillion said that Amann has worked on some of his favourite episodes and this switch recognises his hard-work.
"Castle" Season 7 is scheduled to premiere on Sept. 28 this year. It will be introducing a new mythology that revolves around Rick Castle. The new season will pick-up where it left off in the last season -- at the accident site, with Beckett still in her wedding dress.
Talking about the introduction of the new mythology in Season 7, Fillion said to TV Line, "We've covered some ground as far as the two characters coming together, pulling apart. We need a new reason to come back and face a new season and so far, so good."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28