Kendall Jenner: Kardashian Fame Almost Ruined My Dreams
By Annie Dee | July 29, 2014 6:20 PM EST
Kendall Jenner has been pretty vocal about not wanting to participate in the family's reality TV show, "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" anymore and would rather focus on modelling. However, a new report is claiming that the young model thinks the show almost hijacked her chance to be a supermodel if not for the people who believed in her and did not give her relationship to the "Kardashian" empire a thought.
Kendall Jenner arrives on the red carpet at the Much Music Video Awards (MMVA) in Toronto, June 15, 2014.
In an interview with Love magazine, which was reported by the Cut, she said her family's reputation almost worked against her dreams. She surmised it was hard to be taken seriously and respected because of who her family is. This is why she had to work doubly hard than any other model to get where she is now.
"What I have has almost worked against me," explained the 18-year old model. "I had to work even harder to get where I wanted because people didn't take me seriously as a model. Because of the TV show."
"I went on castings and some people weren't feeling me because of my name. But it was great when people didn't recognize me. I was like, 'Thank you. Please don't recognize me,'" shared Kendall.
She has already walked on runways for Chanel and Marc Jacobs, but getting there did not come easy. She also has no plans of being complacent and also vows never to rely on her family's name. In fact, Kendall would rather do things her own way, without her famous sisters' or mom's support.
"[Kim Kardashian] was invited to a lot of the shows that I was in," Kendall shared. "She called me before and was like, 'Hey, I was invited to the show, I just wanted to let you know. Do you want me to come?' and I was like, 'No.'"
Her sister, Kim Kardashian understands where she is coming from though.
"She had to work extra hard to gain this respect and to fight for people to see she's serious," Kim told Love. "Marc Jacobs gave her a real shot and treated her like any other model. He believed in her and opened the door for her. Then Riccardo and Karl gave her a chance and she has proven that she is the real deal. Her hard work paid off, and that makes me so proud."
"To be honest, this is exactly what I wanted to be," Kendall shared to E! News last month. "I was always looking up to supermodels, they were, like, my superheroes."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet