Kendall Jenner: Kardashian Fame Almost Ruined My Dreams
By Annie Dee | July 29, 2014 6:20 PM EST
Kendall Jenner has been pretty vocal about not wanting to participate in the family's reality TV show, "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" anymore and would rather focus on modelling. However, a new report is claiming that the young model thinks the show almost hijacked her chance to be a supermodel if not for the people who believed in her and did not give her relationship to the "Kardashian" empire a thought.
Kendall Jenner arrives on the red carpet at the Much Music Video Awards (MMVA) in Toronto, June 15, 2014.
In an interview with Love magazine, which was reported by the Cut, she said her family's reputation almost worked against her dreams. She surmised it was hard to be taken seriously and respected because of who her family is. This is why she had to work doubly hard than any other model to get where she is now.
"What I have has almost worked against me," explained the 18-year old model. "I had to work even harder to get where I wanted because people didn't take me seriously as a model. Because of the TV show."
"I went on castings and some people weren't feeling me because of my name. But it was great when people didn't recognize me. I was like, 'Thank you. Please don't recognize me,'" shared Kendall.
She has already walked on runways for Chanel and Marc Jacobs, but getting there did not come easy. She also has no plans of being complacent and also vows never to rely on her family's name. In fact, Kendall would rather do things her own way, without her famous sisters' or mom's support.
"[Kim Kardashian] was invited to a lot of the shows that I was in," Kendall shared. "She called me before and was like, 'Hey, I was invited to the show, I just wanted to let you know. Do you want me to come?' and I was like, 'No.'"
Her sister, Kim Kardashian understands where she is coming from though.
"She had to work extra hard to gain this respect and to fight for people to see she's serious," Kim told Love. "Marc Jacobs gave her a real shot and treated her like any other model. He believed in her and opened the door for her. Then Riccardo and Karl gave her a chance and she has proven that she is the real deal. Her hard work paid off, and that makes me so proud."
"To be honest, this is exactly what I wanted to be," Kendall shared to E! News last month. "I was always looking up to supermodels, they were, like, my superheroes."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation