Kendall Jenner: Kardashian Fame Almost Ruined My Dreams
By Annie Dee | July 29, 2014 6:20 PM EST
Kendall Jenner has been pretty vocal about not wanting to participate in the family's reality TV show, "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" anymore and would rather focus on modelling. However, a new report is claiming that the young model thinks the show almost hijacked her chance to be a supermodel if not for the people who believed in her and did not give her relationship to the "Kardashian" empire a thought.
Kendall Jenner arrives on the red carpet at the Much Music Video Awards (MMVA) in Toronto, June 15, 2014.
In an interview with Love magazine, which was reported by the Cut, she said her family's reputation almost worked against her dreams. She surmised it was hard to be taken seriously and respected because of who her family is. This is why she had to work doubly hard than any other model to get where she is now.
"What I have has almost worked against me," explained the 18-year old model. "I had to work even harder to get where I wanted because people didn't take me seriously as a model. Because of the TV show."
"I went on castings and some people weren't feeling me because of my name. But it was great when people didn't recognize me. I was like, 'Thank you. Please don't recognize me,'" shared Kendall.
She has already walked on runways for Chanel and Marc Jacobs, but getting there did not come easy. She also has no plans of being complacent and also vows never to rely on her family's name. In fact, Kendall would rather do things her own way, without her famous sisters' or mom's support.
"[Kim Kardashian] was invited to a lot of the shows that I was in," Kendall shared. "She called me before and was like, 'Hey, I was invited to the show, I just wanted to let you know. Do you want me to come?' and I was like, 'No.'"
Her sister, Kim Kardashian understands where she is coming from though.
"She had to work extra hard to gain this respect and to fight for people to see she's serious," Kim told Love. "Marc Jacobs gave her a real shot and treated her like any other model. He believed in her and opened the door for her. Then Riccardo and Karl gave her a chance and she has proven that she is the real deal. Her hard work paid off, and that makes me so proud."
"To be honest, this is exactly what I wanted to be," Kendall shared to E! News last month. "I was always looking up to supermodels, they were, like, my superheroes."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar