Michael Hutchence’s Daughter Tiger Lily to Inherit Almost Nothing From Him
By Anne Lu | July 29, 2014 6:10 PM EST
Michael Hutchence’s only child Tiger Lily will reportedly be receiving almost nothing from him. The late INXS lead vocalist was allegedly estimated to be worth $30 million when he passed away in 1997, but his daughter would see just an insignificant portion of it.
Tiger Lily, who has been raised by her mother Paula Yates’ ex-husband Bob Geldof in the UK, has turned 18 on July 22. She is due to inherit millions from her father, but apparently, that’s not going to happen.
According to New Idea magazine, the executor of Michael’s estate advised his family that there was no money left for those due to inherit.
Michael’s estate was settled in 2005, five years after Paula died from heroin overdose.
The singer appeared to be “technically bankrupt,” a situation that he failed to see when he revised his will a year before his death. The executor’s report showed that he only had $506 in cash and $572 in a shared bank account when he died.
He left the first $500,000 of his wealth to Greenpeace and Amnesty International charities, while the rest would be divided 50/50 between his family and Tiger Lily.
His younger brother Rhett expressed his outrage over the new development, saying that the tragic star “would have hated this outcome to his will.”
“The will was black and white” he told the magazine. “He wanted his family to have his hard-earned wealth, and that’s where it goes.”
Rhett continued, “Michael thought he had control of his assets, but in the end, it only worked with Michael still alive. On his death he owned little or nothing.”
Michael hanged himself in his hotel room in Sydney in 1997 at age 37. His daughter, whose full name is Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily Hutchence Geldof, has been adopted by Bob after Paula’s death.
Michael’s half-sister has recently urged Tiger Lily to come to Australia to reconnect with the Hutchences.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists