Michael Hutchence’s Daughter Tiger Lily to Inherit Almost Nothing From Him
By Anne Lu | July 29, 2014 6:10 PM EST
Michael Hutchence’s only child Tiger Lily will reportedly be receiving almost nothing from him. The late INXS lead vocalist was allegedly estimated to be worth $30 million when he passed away in 1997, but his daughter would see just an insignificant portion of it.
Tiger Lily, who has been raised by her mother Paula Yates’ ex-husband Bob Geldof in the UK, has turned 18 on July 22. She is due to inherit millions from her father, but apparently, that’s not going to happen.
According to New Idea magazine, the executor of Michael’s estate advised his family that there was no money left for those due to inherit.
Michael’s estate was settled in 2005, five years after Paula died from heroin overdose.
The singer appeared to be “technically bankrupt,” a situation that he failed to see when he revised his will a year before his death. The executor’s report showed that he only had $506 in cash and $572 in a shared bank account when he died.
He left the first $500,000 of his wealth to Greenpeace and Amnesty International charities, while the rest would be divided 50/50 between his family and Tiger Lily.
His younger brother Rhett expressed his outrage over the new development, saying that the tragic star “would have hated this outcome to his will.”
“The will was black and white” he told the magazine. “He wanted his family to have his hard-earned wealth, and that’s where it goes.”
Rhett continued, “Michael thought he had control of his assets, but in the end, it only worked with Michael still alive. On his death he owned little or nothing.”
Michael hanged himself in his hotel room in Sydney in 1997 at age 37. His daughter, whose full name is Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily Hutchence Geldof, has been adopted by Bob after Paula’s death.
Michael’s half-sister has recently urged Tiger Lily to come to Australia to reconnect with the Hutchences.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate