Michael Hutchence’s Daughter Tiger Lily to Inherit Almost Nothing From Him
By Anne Lu | July 29, 2014 6:10 PM EST
Michael Hutchence’s only child Tiger Lily will reportedly be receiving almost nothing from him. The late INXS lead vocalist was allegedly estimated to be worth $30 million when he passed away in 1997, but his daughter would see just an insignificant portion of it.
Tiger Lily, who has been raised by her mother Paula Yates’ ex-husband Bob Geldof in the UK, has turned 18 on July 22. She is due to inherit millions from her father, but apparently, that’s not going to happen.
According to New Idea magazine, the executor of Michael’s estate advised his family that there was no money left for those due to inherit.
Michael’s estate was settled in 2005, five years after Paula died from heroin overdose.
The singer appeared to be “technically bankrupt,” a situation that he failed to see when he revised his will a year before his death. The executor’s report showed that he only had $506 in cash and $572 in a shared bank account when he died.
He left the first $500,000 of his wealth to Greenpeace and Amnesty International charities, while the rest would be divided 50/50 between his family and Tiger Lily.
His younger brother Rhett expressed his outrage over the new development, saying that the tragic star “would have hated this outcome to his will.”
“The will was black and white” he told the magazine. “He wanted his family to have his hard-earned wealth, and that’s where it goes.”
Rhett continued, “Michael thought he had control of his assets, but in the end, it only worked with Michael still alive. On his death he owned little or nothing.”
Michael hanged himself in his hotel room in Sydney in 1997 at age 37. His daughter, whose full name is Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily Hutchence Geldof, has been adopted by Bob after Paula’s death.
Michael’s half-sister has recently urged Tiger Lily to come to Australia to reconnect with the Hutchences.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast