Michael Hutchence’s Daughter Tiger Lily to Inherit Almost Nothing From Him
By Anne Lu | July 29, 2014 6:10 PM EST
Michael Hutchence’s only child Tiger Lily will reportedly be receiving almost nothing from him. The late INXS lead vocalist was allegedly estimated to be worth $30 million when he passed away in 1997, but his daughter would see just an insignificant portion of it.
Tiger Lily, who has been raised by her mother Paula Yates’ ex-husband Bob Geldof in the UK, has turned 18 on July 22. She is due to inherit millions from her father, but apparently, that’s not going to happen.
According to New Idea magazine, the executor of Michael’s estate advised his family that there was no money left for those due to inherit.
Michael’s estate was settled in 2005, five years after Paula died from heroin overdose.
The singer appeared to be “technically bankrupt,” a situation that he failed to see when he revised his will a year before his death. The executor’s report showed that he only had $506 in cash and $572 in a shared bank account when he died.
He left the first $500,000 of his wealth to Greenpeace and Amnesty International charities, while the rest would be divided 50/50 between his family and Tiger Lily.
His younger brother Rhett expressed his outrage over the new development, saying that the tragic star “would have hated this outcome to his will.”
“The will was black and white” he told the magazine. “He wanted his family to have his hard-earned wealth, and that’s where it goes.”
Rhett continued, “Michael thought he had control of his assets, but in the end, it only worked with Michael still alive. On his death he owned little or nothing.”
Michael hanged himself in his hotel room in Sydney in 1997 at age 37. His daughter, whose full name is Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily Hutchence Geldof, has been adopted by Bob after Paula’s death.
Michael’s half-sister has recently urged Tiger Lily to come to Australia to reconnect with the Hutchences.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner: Eliminated Contestants Predict Who Could Win It All
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- Prince Harry Enjoys Three-Day Visit To Oman, Picks Up Present For Prince George And Performs With Traditional Sword Dancers
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports