UFO Sightings: Mysterious Bright Lights Spotted Flashing over Toronto, Witnesses Share UFO Sighting Experience on Social Media [VIDEO]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 29, 2014 5:04 PM EST
On Saturday, July 26, puzzled North York witnesses took to social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube their UFO sighting experience. Mysterious bright lights were spotted flashing over the Yonge St. and Sheppard Ave. neighborhood in Toronto, Canada.
Witness Sarah Chun of North York was able to capture the UFO sighting on video and shared it on YouTube. According to the Star report, the 36-year-old witness noticed six or seven bright diagonal light flashing in the night sky from her Finch St. apartment.
The witness stepped out of the balcony to have a closer look at the unidentified flying objects. "I thought it might be a helicopter at first, but then it wasn't moving, it was just flashing. I didn't know what it was," Chun stated in the report.
When asked to describe what she saw that night, Sarah Chun shared that the bright lights were high up in the sky, round in shape and stayed for about 25 minutes before flying off and finally disappearing in the sky. Another witness recounted the UFO sighting that happened last Saturday. According to resident Sebastian Setien, he was entertaining guests on Saturday afternoon when he noticed the strange object.
Setien further revealed that he and his friends saw the bright lights when they stepped out on the balcony to have beer at night time. "I have no idea what it is. It could be a very unique weather satellite, weather drone, weather detecting instrument, or - who knows," the witness stated.
In the Toronto Sun report, witness Roxanna Maleki posted a video on Facebook describing the bright objects to be really strange and they do not appear to be an airplane. Click HERE to watch the video. Sgt. Barry White of 32 Division shared that many officers also saw the mysterious lights but they thought that the object could be a toy helicopter or the "quadcopter."
The UFO sighting has created as well the trending topic or hash tag #ufo and #toronto on Twitter. The Toronto police confirmed that there were numerous phone calls received during the UFO sighting that took place between 7 pm and 10 pm on Saturday night, July 26, in the area of Yonge St. and Empress Ave.
However, North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) spokesperson Julie Roberge claimed that there was nothing unusual on the radar and there were no phone calls received reporting about the UFO sighting. Nav Canada spokesperson Michelle Bishop and Greater Toronto Airport Authority spokesperson Corrinne Madden also claimed that no one filed a report regarding the mysterious lights spotter over Toronto.
Credit: YouTube/Sarah Chun
More Articles to Read:
Viral Wedding Photo: Amy Hicks Reveals True Story behind Viral Photo that Created Trending Hashtag on Twitter #westillcoming - [READ]
Viral Video Dance-off: Dad Shows Dancing Skills with Daughter to the Ariana Grande Hit Song Titled Problem - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Has ‘Strict Style Guide,’ Expected To Wear Winter Wardrobes During Pregnancy
- Bizarre Sex Abuse: Man Licks Woman’s Foot in Canada, Runs Away With Her Shoe
- New Zealand Pre-schooler Suffers Attack For Wearing A Jewish Cap; Anti-Semitic Act Condemned
- Australia's Direct Action Policy To Increase Projected Emmisions By 2020 -- UN Report
- Canadian Soldier Dies in 'Freak Accident' at Work
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation