UFO Sightings: Mysterious Bright Lights Spotted Flashing over Toronto, Witnesses Share UFO Sighting Experience on Social Media [VIDEO]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 29, 2014 5:04 PM EST
On Saturday, July 26, puzzled North York witnesses took to social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube their UFO sighting experience. Mysterious bright lights were spotted flashing over the Yonge St. and Sheppard Ave. neighborhood in Toronto, Canada.
Witness Sarah Chun of North York was able to capture the UFO sighting on video and shared it on YouTube. According to the Star report, the 36-year-old witness noticed six or seven bright diagonal light flashing in the night sky from her Finch St. apartment.
The witness stepped out of the balcony to have a closer look at the unidentified flying objects. "I thought it might be a helicopter at first, but then it wasn't moving, it was just flashing. I didn't know what it was," Chun stated in the report.
When asked to describe what she saw that night, Sarah Chun shared that the bright lights were high up in the sky, round in shape and stayed for about 25 minutes before flying off and finally disappearing in the sky. Another witness recounted the UFO sighting that happened last Saturday. According to resident Sebastian Setien, he was entertaining guests on Saturday afternoon when he noticed the strange object.
Setien further revealed that he and his friends saw the bright lights when they stepped out on the balcony to have beer at night time. "I have no idea what it is. It could be a very unique weather satellite, weather drone, weather detecting instrument, or - who knows," the witness stated.
In the Toronto Sun report, witness Roxanna Maleki posted a video on Facebook describing the bright objects to be really strange and they do not appear to be an airplane. Click HERE to watch the video. Sgt. Barry White of 32 Division shared that many officers also saw the mysterious lights but they thought that the object could be a toy helicopter or the "quadcopter."
The UFO sighting has created as well the trending topic or hash tag #ufo and #toronto on Twitter. The Toronto police confirmed that there were numerous phone calls received during the UFO sighting that took place between 7 pm and 10 pm on Saturday night, July 26, in the area of Yonge St. and Empress Ave.
However, North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) spokesperson Julie Roberge claimed that there was nothing unusual on the radar and there were no phone calls received reporting about the UFO sighting. Nav Canada spokesperson Michelle Bishop and Greater Toronto Airport Authority spokesperson Corrinne Madden also claimed that no one filed a report regarding the mysterious lights spotter over Toronto.
Credit: YouTube/Sarah Chun
More Articles to Read:
Viral Wedding Photo: Amy Hicks Reveals True Story behind Viral Photo that Created Trending Hashtag on Twitter #westillcoming - [READ]
Viral Video Dance-off: Dad Shows Dancing Skills with Daughter to the Ariana Grande Hit Song Titled Problem - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related