Ant-Man Spoilers: Yellowjacket Confirmed, Ant-Man Suit Featured In Exclusive Video Footage
By Tanya Diente | July 29, 2014 4:43 PM EST
The San Diego Comic-con on Saturday, July 26, was a gathering of stars and their movie revelations. Marvel president and producer Kevin Feige also took to the stage. He opened the Marvel's Q&A by calling on movie director Peyton Reed and the cast of "Ant-Man" to reveal some details of the movie including Ant-Man's nemesis Yellowjacket. The cast also released an exclusive short video footage of the 2015 movie where it revealed Ant-Man's suit.
Kevin Feige, president of Marvel Studios, is interviewed at a Marvel press line during the 2014 Comic-Con International Convention in San Diego, California July 26, 2014.
Michael Douglas and Paul Rudd were welcomed first with a standing ovation as Feige announced the event was their first ever Comic-con appearance. "Ant-Man" also marks Michael Douglas' first Marvel movie according to Comicbookresources.
Douglas revealed the storyline for the movie involves a "heist" and that fellow actor Corey Stoll will be involved in it. However, the movie is taking on a different take on how the Ant-Man suit came to be in Scott Lang's possession. EW reported that based on the comics, Lang (portrayed by Paul Rudd) stole the suit from Hank Pym. However, Michael Douglas revealed it was Pym's decision to turn over the Ant-Man suit to Lang. Now Scott is left with the responsibility of studying the suit and its shrinking abilities.
Although characterised as a thief in the comics, EW added the movie will also show Scott's honorable side.
Corey Stoll was called on to the stage next by Feige. The actor will apparently not just portray Pym's business partner, Darren Cross, who takes over the company. Stoll confirmed he will also suit up in the Yellowjacket to fight Paul Rudd in his Ant-Man suit.
Slashfilm quoted Kevin Feige on his statement about Stoll's character. "He does at a certain point obtain some Pym particles and begin to give Ant-Man a run for his money," he said.
Corey Stoll also called his character as "Pym's mentee and a genius scientist."
Although filming will start on Aug. 15, fans at the Comic-con were teased to a short video footage of "Ant-man." The footage is said to provide details to the movie's exclusive poster released by Entertainment Weekly.
The footage opened in what could be Pym's laboratory with his voiceover telling Lang he is needed for a job. Then the scene zooms in on Ant-Man's suit. Then in an instant the helmet shrinks in size.
Then the next scene takes Ant-Man in a grid-like room trying to escape. Hank Pym's voice comes out though a headset as he instructs Lang to enlist the help of a fly for his escape. However, Ant-Man struggles to summon the insect as one of the transmitters on his helmet was broken. Spanking the side of the helmet only made the situation worse. Hank instructs him to skip over a ledge instead. So he did and was luckily caught by the fly which flew him safely out through an air vent.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage